Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TankerMan:
    Sorry, mis-press report post, my mistake. Anyway, if that is the case HK is facing a more serious situation than any typhoons in the last two decades. Utagi is no joke. It will be a cat 5 storm. A direct hit is something HK has not face in deacdes.
    You are correct. If this storm maintains its track and severity we will see a disaster in Hong Kong, make no mistake.

I must live in one of the most sheltered place in HK. We are the shortest block of flats smack bang in the middle of tst. During Vincent last year, I left the windows open overnight mistakenly whilst I stayed the night at my GF's. Was passing bricks the next day going back, but not one single drop of water got in..... With that place you can have a barbecue on the roof during for a T10, and the flames wouldn't even flutter.

It's strange thus Usagi, normally the locals around me would be buzzing about it days in advance, and I'd be the last to know. This one, they don't seem to care and haven't even brought it up yet.

If it lasts to Tuesday, I'll be worried for my GF. She already has a day off on Monday, and her company has their staff go to work even during T8, not sure during a T10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    You are correct. If this storm maintains its track and severity we will see a disaster in Hong Kong, make no mistake.
    I think you may be exaggerating slightly. Some damage, flooding in some low-lying areas, a few injuries, maybe a handful of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I must live in one of the most sheltered place in HK. We are the shortest block of flats smack bang in the middle of tst. During Vincent last year, I left the windows open overnight mistakenly whilst I stayed the night at my GF's. Was passing bricks the next day going back, but not one single drop of water got in..... With that place you can have a barbecue on the roof during for a T10, and the flames wouldn't even flutter.

It's strange thus Usagi, normally the locals around me would be buzzing about it days in advance, and I'd be the last to know. This one, they don't seem to care and haven't even brought it up yet.

If it lasts to Tuesday, I'll be worried for my GF. She already has a day off on Monday, and her company has their staff go to work even during T8, not sure during a T10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Vicente in my opinion was a very mild T10. If the current track holds for Utagi we will be facing more damage than Vicente. Alot more.

Btw, Usagi has reached super typhoon status according to the HKO and JTWC.
    Last edited by TankerMan; 19-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.

So any predictions as to when a T8 will go up?

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    So any predictions as to when a T8 will go up?
    22nd 18:00

I'm loving the fact that I'm due to land about 1pm Sunday flying back from the UK ! Unlike previous T's I've commented on this one is shaping up to be a monster even if not a direct hit. Now glued to here and HKO

Hmm, supposed to be landing on Sun evening.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app

Original Post Deleted
    I could be wrong. But i believe the closer it gets to land the speed picks up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I think you may be exaggerating slightly. Some damage, flooding in some low-lying areas, a few injuries, maybe a handful of deaths.
    No. If the storm maintains its current track and strength it will hit Hong Kong directly with over one and a half times the strength of Vicente at about two and a half times the size. I get your point though....I guess I mean disaster by Hong Kong standards.
    Last edited by INXS; 20-09-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast