View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

and you guys still think this is not a wind up?

virago likes this.

Public housing in HKG - 50% is fake & abused - Long Hair is still living in public housing (his monthly income as a legislator is approx 70K) - yes his next approval for public housing is still afew years to go...........so easy !

As said my 1st helper 6 years with us - so please see this & then you understand what I mean:
    Sending my helper to the market with written down clear instructions - please see:
    1) Buy 5 limes (she knew the shop already) - she brings home 5 lemons !
    2) Buy 60 chicken-wings - she brings home 50 !
    This is somewhat I call brainless & going on our ALL NERVES - this is the problem. And things like that multiply every day - so what is the helper helping us ? If I need to be the babysitter of her. Please note: THIS IS NOT A NEWCOMER TO HONG KONG - already 6 years in HONG KONG !
    I say "french toast"- her reply is "french fries Siiiir"

The probation period is not for me - is more useful for the helper. To take a little bit more effort in getting the things done better (cleaning is only very basic part & our helper does not NEED TO CLEAN 5 hours a day 5 days a week). A helper must be able to "manage at least 80% of the household" - if I need to call my helper every 2nd hour to remind her what to do next or about not forget pickup my son from school - what is the helper then helping me ?

Very wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    As said my 1st helper 6 years with us - so please see this & then you understand what I mean:
    Sending my helper to the market with written down clear instructions - please see:
    1) Buy 5 limes (she knew the shop already) - she brings home 5 lemons !
    2) Buy 60 chicken-wings - she brings home 50 !
    This is somewhat I call brainless & going on our ALL NERVES - this is the problem. And things like that multiply every day - so what is the helper helping us ? If I need to be the babysitter of her. Please note: THIS IS NOT A NEWCOMER TO HONG KONG - already 6 years in HONG KONG !
    I say "french toast"- her reply is "french fries Siiiir"
    How do you survive, life must be so terrible? All the troubles in the world, all the suffering and you are complaining about lemons not limes?

1) send her back to get 5 lemons or even better buy them yourself
    2) send her back to get 10 more
    Explain to her what French toast is she has probably never heard the expression.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Bullshit. If it was possible to make a living collecting cardboard you would see loads of people in London and other western cities doing it.

As for cage homes.....it's been said many times that these guys choose this accommodation rather than share larger digs. For some, arguably it's not, but for most it's a choice....Using emotive language like cages is just plain stupid and admitting that you've sheepishly lapped up what the media spoon fed you. The grills are security to stop your gear being nicked....nothing more, nothing less...
    How is using the phrase "cage home" emotive when the phrase accurately describes the housing these people are forced to resort to?

Your posts on this forum which defend almost every third world or feudal practice in this city really demonstrate that you are afflicted with a virulent strand of Stockholm Syndrome. Criticizing Hong Kong for its shortcomings is a civic duty - we should all try and make this is a better city. Explaining away gross norms and behavior by trotting out the culture argument does a great disservice to the community we live in.
    kimwy66 and iliketurtles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    We do not expect a jamie Oliver in our kitchen, but for a helper over 6 years in Hong Kong we expect can do more than just 3 dishes & then if being not able to do - is fine. We teach her - but if 5 times teaching the same dish & the 6th times still cannot do alone & the reply is: Sorrryyyyy Maam I forgot - then who will not get crazy on this ? I am not talking about a 5 course 4 stars french menu. Just simple cooking.
    Good job trolling everyone with your nonsense.

Ps just learn how to cook for yourself. Problem solved.

Well instead of complaining here (and looking for sympathy) just fire her ass and cut your losses and employ a new one. Have a better interview process pay above minimum by $500-$800 a month (if you are not already doing it now) to attract better quality helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Bullshit. If it was possible to make a living collecting cardboard you would see loads of people in London and other western cities doing it.

As for cage homes.....it's been said many times that these guys choose this accommodation rather than share larger digs. For some, arguably it's not, but for most it's a choice....Using emotive language like cages is just plain stupid and admitting that you've sheepishly lapped up what the media spoon fed you. The grills are security to stop your gear being nicked....nothing more, nothing less...
    living in cages is a "choice",but only because of their limited circumstances due to low skilled wages being too low and cost of dwelling in this rigged property market system is too high

And don't bullshit me you right wing prick. Unfortunately, people do sell recycled paper for I believe, a meagre living

People in other world cities don't do this and are less likely to an abject working poor because there's is social safety net (assuming they are documented persons). HK is work or not having anything to live on (unless you have a benefactor)
    iliketurtles, jimbo and kimwy66 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast