View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I'm a westerner, I've eaten fairly widely, but I'm only vaguely aware what French toast is, and definitely have no idea how to cook it. My expectation is that this would be true for the majority of westerners I know.
    Thats why there are cooks.

No, can you reliably conclude that based on your own anecdotal evidence?

Yes some expats are straight from das vaterland and would expect knoodlen (yummy) and lederhosen but these days it's more than likely that they've had a broad culinary exposure right in their home town too, where "arme ritter" French toast is also a favourite.

Because you don't know what it is means......you eat healthily no doubt, frying not for you, you're from Groningen your staple is cheese?

Can we please just call it Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey Toast?

Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    Hi Koen - we have only asked her to go down & buy the FRENCH TOAST (this is some tea-set)
    Sorry I didn't mean to turn this thread into anything it's not, did I?

I didn't know you could buy French toast from the supermarket are you sure? Is it cold, long life or do you have a "frying tonight" style place near you? Maybe its baguettes (French bread in American) you wanted or those little toasties handy for canapés?

I think a Tagalog English cook book is a very good idea.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

A toasted french dude anyone?

wtbhotia likes this.

Anyone else confused by the poll at the top of this thread? What does a probation period for a FDH have to do with the best way to cook French Toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    HAve you considered sending your helper(s) to the cooking courses for FDHs run by the YWCA?

https://www.esmdywca.org.hk/Courses/...ory&id=1000276
    Koen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Sorry I didn't mean to turn this thread into anything it's not, did I?

I didn't know you could buy French toast from the supermarket are you sure? Is it cold, long life or do you have a "frying tonight" style place near you? Maybe its baguettes (French bread in American) you wanted or those little toasties handy for canapés?

You can buy it in FAIRWOOD or any little small eatery on the street - you just say SAI DO & they know what you mean !
    Koen likes this.

Why shall I send a helper to cooking course ? If the helper has confirmed she can cook at least 25 standard chinese meals ? Is somebody sending me to a course how to treat stupid helpers ?

Everybody please check on the attached poll ! Vote ! Just today salary have been increased to HKD 4,010 starting with contracts from today. Nice - because the employer pays everything so the 4,010 strictly sticks into the pocket of the FDH - means very well above the poverty line. And I still have to get a "black face"from my helper when I "dare" to ask her to follow what I have told her - and not do it her "own way".........

Out of all the domestic helper stories I read and hear about from people, it seems there is a common thread.

The employer seldom respects the helper. And the helper seldom respects the employer. And both employers and helpers have their enablers in the community and support groups. It just perpetuates the ill feelings of this type of importation of labor.

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast