View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

agree with moving you are the stupid one for putting up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Putting up with this just makes you stupid. Not pointing it out if a new employer asks is beyond belief.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app
    So says you. Apparently her families house was blown away in one of those treacherous typhoons that hit the Philippines so she felt compelled to steal blah blah there's always an opt out clause, true or not but it just stops you throwing in the towel and starting all over again. Her friend walked off with all her savings.....her sons wife walked out leaving four children with her grandmother, the son left to find her never to be heard from again. Its a weird world out there not for the feint hearted employer. Giving ultimatums seems to work as a lot of it is sadly true.

And why should I tell someone who wants to use my DH part time illegally, their risk, not mine not so? Becoming complicit in this makes you liable as an employer? Why on earth would someone hiring a DH illegally try and involve the employer, that's outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    For $€#¥ sake, this is an increase of HK$ 90.- per months, making the FDH's minimum salary HK$ 10.- (yes, ten!!) more than it was in 2001 (before the Asian Financial Crisis and SARS).
    No offense, but I do think you are an utter twat
    No - sorry. You got my point wrong: In relation to what many HKG people have this is extremely "GOOD". Because they almost have no other expenses: We pay their accommodation (our helper for example has own room, toilet & shower), they are eating with us, we pay Octopus card etc. I do not talk about that maybe 50% of employers who are mistreating their maids ! I talk about honest & sincere people needing really a helper - it is simply give & take.

THIS IS NOW THE FRENCH TOAST THREAD CHALLENGE FOR EVERY HELPER IN HONG KONG - OR IS IT FRENCH FRIES MAAAAAAAAM ?

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Anyone else confused by the poll at the top of this thread? What does a probation period for a FDH have to do with the best way to cook French Toast?
    NOTHING ! Actually we have asked her to buy a french toast (SAI DO & DONG LING CHA in Fairwoods).

VOTERS ARE WELCOME - NOT ONLY WISE COMMENTS !

MovingIn07, elle, kimwy66 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    VOTERS ARE WELCOME - NOT ONLY WISE COMMENTS !
    I'd like to vote, but I'd need the option:
    'OP possesses poor interviewing and communication skills and needs to improve them' as an option
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    I take it you're either not British and/or haven't spent any serious time in the UK. One of the biggest issues in the UK is that the general public feel that benefits are too easy to claim for immigrants but the "native" population are losing out as the government makes it harder for them to claim due to a variety of caveats (although there are also plenty of "professional claimants who scrounged off the welfare system their entire lives). If you've ever registered as unemployed in the UK, you'd know exactly how difficult it can be to claim benefits. Nowhere near as simple as your copy and paste implies.
    I take it you're also either not British and/or haven't spent any serious time in the UK and are basing your insights on the Daily Mail.

So much misinformation in this post that I can't even begin refuting it.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    I take it you're also either not British and/or haven't spent any serious time in the UK and are basing your insights on the Daily Mail.

So much misinformation in this post that I can't even begin refuting it.
    Actually, apart from the last part about difficult to make a claim, the general population of UK do think it's an easy system. You can refute it, but that's just how the general populace think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Actually, apart from the last part about difficult to make a claim, the general population of UK do think it's an easy system. You can refute it, but that's just how the general populace think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    would like to see your evidence