View Poll Results: FDH shall have probation period ? Yes or No.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • FDH must have 3 months probation

    12 46.15%
  • FDH must have no probation

    14 53.85%
Like Tree260Likes

Why FDH no need to go through a probation period !

Reply
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
  1. #71

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    384

    I find the shirts at Bosini quite affordable...G2000 for a splurge


  2. #72

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mid-Levels
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I don't know anybody that sleeps 5-6 to a room in HK unless it's a gang bang
    Then they wouldn't be sleeping.

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,454

    I've had many students who share a bedroom with siblings and parents or grandparents.

    INXS likes this.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    384

    What do you mean you've had them?


  5. #75

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,607
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I want to add that I am speaking in terms of all HKers, not the narrow perspective of wealthy expats. Many locals sleep 5 or 6 to a room, routinely pull 12-14 hour shifts and sleep at work...We simply can't apply our western perspective here, especially as we are such a small minority.
    Ah yes but with me it doesnt work. Wife is chinese. Uncles and Aunties live in public housing w kids (ie 400sqf for 4 /5 peeps)… trust me if they could they would lile their own bedroom.

    I agree we cant apply our western concept yet if given the choice many would prefer shorter hours and more space.....evidence I know but lets stip denyig it and using excuses


    Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    z754103 likes this.

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    384

    Ahh clear as a bell


  7. #77

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Ah yes but with me it doesnt work. Wife is chinese. Uncles and Aunties live in public housing w kids (ie 400sqf for 4 /5 peeps)… trust me if they could they would lile their own bedroom.

    I agree we cant apply our western concept yet if given the choice many would prefer shorter hours and more space.....evidence I know but lets stip denyig it and using excuses


    Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    The Benzes in the car park tell me you're wrong Mat. Many locals are happy to stay 5 to a room as they only pay a grand a month and are used to it...they expect their maids to have this standard too....

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,607
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    The Benzes in the car park tell me you're wrong Mat. Many locals are happy to stay 5 to a room as they only pay a grand a month and are used to it...they expect their maids to have this standard too....
    the benzes dont cost much most of the time (hell i run a bimmer that costed me less than 35k) and a few dont make a generality.

    End of the day, as i said, while i agree our euro/us atandars cant be fully applied....it doesnt mean we have to go down to much lower standard or excuse it because it is the norm in Rwanda.



    Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

  9. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    the benzes dont cost much most of the time (hell i run a bimmer that costed me less than 35k) and a few dont make a generality.

    End of the day, as i said, while i agree our euro/us atandars cant be fully applied....it doesnt mean we have to go down to much lower standard or excuse it because it is the norm in Rwanda.



    Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Right....but 'we' don't...there's a reason maids prefer westerners. I believe most Chinese employers treat their maids according to the Chinese way in most Chinese workplaces...

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,561
    Quote Originally Posted by juergenw:
    To pin: Regarding the last paragraph - the first helper we hired last year from Singapore (Filippina) with what we found out later "denied entry to Singapore" for 2 years (after we got her passport copy - means she was terminated in Singapore which the HK agency did surely not tell us).
    She was that super stupid that we feared the safety of our son & fired her after 5 weeks - she signed a mutual agreement that she only receives half of her payment lieu in notice. She first extended her visa, then she went to the Labour Department to sue us for the balance of her month salary. Surely she WON - any of her several signatures on the mutual agreement, the final payment receipt did not count. This was by the way not about the money - this was about that we did not get what we have paid for. We also complained at the CONSUMER COUNCIL on that case against the agency - no use - waste of time. The agency surely totally rejected any wrong - doing in supporting such a complete "helpless / useless helper".
    well, duh! of course she won! YOU broke the law! the law doesn't hold only if you don't agree to something else... you effectively required her to agree to break the law!
    kimwy66, Claire ex-ax and Miss Eti like this.

Reply
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast