Like Tree28Likes

FDH - flights and holidays

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    JGL, we are in the process of hiring our first full time helper (contract break), she suggested we get the paper work done through an agency in wanchai, where we paid HKD 6530, that includes her PH insurance of 1200 HKD, her PH medical checkup, agency's fee and HKD 850 for doing the checkup in HK (this was extra as waiting for her to do the PH medical after finishing her notice period with current employer was too long).
    Is this normal?
    Mine was a break contract helper which we found through geoexpat, she had to leave HK while we processed her visa, we used Helper in agency in Wan Chai and Paid HK$1880 + HK$500 medical check, her return ticket to philippines is paid by her previous employer, we only had to pay her ticket to hk which was HK$500.

You are seriously getting ripped off for 6.5K
    INXS likes this.

Helper in and hireme is the same agency. (on top of coyote in wanchai)

6.5k is more the price if they help you find the helper !

Last edited by Beuze; 03-10-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    jgl likes this.

Looks like we indeed are...
    You didn't have to pay PH insurance amount of 1200?
    May I ask which agency you went through in wanchai? We are using Emrys in wanchai.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    Helper in and hireme is the same agency. (on top of coyote in wanchai)
    Yep the same one.

@Guns

If you use agency to find the helper for you then it costs more, if you just use them for the paper work then its a lot cheaper.

http://www.helper-in.com/web/html/contactus.jsp

wtb, we found the helper on our own through recommendations, and yet they are charging us this amount hmmm...May be I should go down there and throw a fit?

I'd stay clear of the one who wants the Xmas holiday straight away and look for someone else personally.

Once you've established a good relationship then you can decide how generous you are with the holidays/bonuses not her.

Just called them from another number pretending to be someone else and enquired about their serivces and fees. She quoted the same amount...

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    JGL, we are in the process of hiring our first full time helper (contract break), she suggested we get the paper work done through an agency in wanchai, where we paid HKD 6530, that includes her PH insurance of 1200 HKD, her PH medical checkup, agency's fee, one way ticket from PH to HK, and HKD 850 for doing the checkup in HK (this was extra as waiting for her to do the PH medical after finishing her notice period with current employer was too long).
    Is this normal?
    If you found the helper yourself and she is already in HK, then you should be looking at the 1800-1900 figure for an agency just to handle the paperwork.

The 6K figure sounds like the agency found the helper for you? Is here here or in the Philippines- is that what you mean by "PH insurance" and "PH medical"? She shouldn't require that if she is based in HK. If she's in the Phils, then costs will be considerably above the 1800 figure.

The HKD850 checkup is on the high side. The figures I recall from three agencies are, off memory, between 580 and 680.

To the OP, I agree with most of the posters here, I'd not pay more or any extra perks till she proves she's good or even aaverage at her job. (average +trustworthy = good enough for me).

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    If you found the helper yourself and she is already in HK, then you should be looking at the 1800-1900 figure for an agency just to handle the paperwork.

The 6K figure sounds like the agency found the helper for you? Is here here or in the Philippines- is that what you mean by "PH insurance" and "PH medical"? She shouldn't require that if she is based in HK. If she's in the Phils, then costs will be considerably above the 1800 figure.

The HKD850 checkup is on the high side. The figures I recall from three agencies are, off memory, between 580 and 680.
    Hmm looks like we went to an expensive agency by mistake!
    The maid we found is already here working for a local family and isn't too happy. A friend recommended her, we met her and she seemed good so we decided to hire her. She suggested this agency to us, as well as the friend who recommended her, had also used the same agency in past when they hired theirs, so we went there...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast