Any public baths in HK?

Closed Thread

Any public baths in HK?

I tried to google out something, but not results, except for Japan and Korea.

Are there any decent public baths in HK?

what do you mean by a public bath? In the UK it means a swimming pool - is that what you mean? Or like an onsen in Japan? I can get both of these in my country club so you may have to join a club or something. Or perhaps some of the hotels allow casual users? The sheraton, for example, has both a swimming pool and a couple of jacuzzi's. Might be worth ringing around.

Hi, normally after I played tennis, I took a bath at the public washroom. Most of the washroom especially near tennis court has bathing facilities. Some even have hot or cold showers. I mean u can just go in and check it out. Its open to public.

@MovingIn07, I meant more like Japan, not a swimming pool.

Thanks for tips, IanLim.

My need is temporary and connected with full renovation of my bathroom. But with this weather I may just need to come outside and stand in the rain

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are public bathhouses in Hong Kong: 7 on Hong Kong Island, 10 in Kowloon and 11 in the New Territories/on outlying islands. They tend to be in the older residential areas.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 02-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.

ok that makes more sense! Like the other poster I have seen showers in public areas - in Jordon, Mongkok and by beaches etc. But how about your work? Maybe there is something there? Our building has some showers if you know where to look. Or a sports club? They all have showers and are usually much nicer than public ones!

I work at home So this option is out Although indeed would be the best.

just pay $19 to go to the public swimming pools and have a shower there, hot water as well.