Like Tree127Likes

First World Problems - Hong Kong Style

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

A 1 Minute MTR stoppage will make it to the evening news, plus by a 3 week investigation from an independent body and a 15 step improvement program.

Mat, HKITperson and z754103 like this.

Time they did something about bringing the kick-offs into line for Champions League games. Pretty inconsiderate timing (8.00 pm GMT FFS!) - I mean, how many devoted Man U fans are there here (see, I’m speaking up for the locals too, so not just a selfish First Worlder!). While they’re at it they can reschedule the rugby so I’m not forced to go down to a bar in Wan Chai and drink beer whenever it’s on. Those girls can be a bit of a nuisance too.

Last edited by araucaria; 09-10-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Having your phone die, dead power bank and your out with your friends - suddenly you feel so disconnected from the world! No one can contact you, you can't instagram your food pics, can't surf FB and no Candy crush when everyone is doing that over dinner... better cut the night short and go home so you can still connect with your friends ..

HKITperson, nickvv and kpelszyn like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You regard a typhoon as a possible day off.

INXS, Elegiaque and chingleutsch like this.

MTR comes only every 2 minutes --- so looong
    Buses run 24H but only every 20 or 30 hours at night ---- so inconvenient
    Taxi will now cost 22HKD vs 20HKD (for HK island) ----- so expensive

INXS likes this.

Decent wine with meals should be an affordable necessity, not an overpriced luxury!

Why can't cha chan tends have their menu written in English characters, not Chinese!

I get to the supermarket just after it has closed at 11pm, and have to catch a bus (5 minute trip) to the 24 hour supermarket in causeway bay. Such a drag.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Signs to the airport are clearly marked.

INXS likes this.

I had to wait six minutes for a train to Tung Chung. *Six minutes*! Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Everyone loves a good moan but the reality is, most of us on Geoexpat have probably got pretty decent lives overall...

Anyway...I sometimes laugh at my own white whines and especially the ones I'd only have said in Hong Kong...

A couple of my favourites...

1.) I was asked why I worked in the summer instead of taking a vacation like other teachers. (I'd been moaning about it!!) My answer: "I only get 10 month contracts with the schools, and, you know, the maid still needs to be paid!"...

2.) At car park entrance a couple of weeks ago: "Bloody Octopus not working again!"......look in my wallet, "Stupid thing, it couldn't read it through all the cash!"...

What about your Hong Kong, First World City problems?

Koen likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast