Like Tree32Likes

New Years Eve

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket:
    Wish we going this year. Where do you go?
    We've been to a number of different places countries, we've been going for years when we lived in Europe it was much easier flight wise. This year we are doing the safe and easy (easier from HK) but spectacular Botswana. We thought of Kenya again but it looked a bit risky at the time of booking.

The flight to South Africa is a dream from HK, over nighter. Then from JHB to Sir Seretse Khame Airport in Gaborone is like under an hour on a commercial flight, then it's a hop in a private plane to where we are going. Last bit (half hour) is the most worrying as the brother in-law will be at the controls.

Business class all the way that means an extra biscuit with our tea on British Airways to Seretse Khame. Like Filipino DH we get one (unless it's an emergency) flight "home" a year all covered though no one writes nasty letters or threads about how we use that flight or where we go with it etc. Technically home is where ever we choose. Seems to be like that in reality now anyway.

It's a dream no need to waste those points which are very useful for local upgrades Easter time or summer hols.

Thank you Koen. We also hear the best about Botswana. Relaxed and close up experience with the big five. We go to Hluhluwe before but just driving ourselves. Best seeing of Rhino in Africa.

Get your tips when you come back

Yes yes yes.

Last edited by Cricket; 21-10-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket:
    We go to Hluhluwe before but just driving ourselves. Best seeing of Rhino in Africa.

Get your tips when you come back
    Most definitely I will PVT.

Aaaaaah Hluhluwe is wonderful. We also self drove there and stayed at Hilltops, the best camp in Africa as they say and it's so true. Forget about the six star Safari this is where you will fall in love with Africa. Worth doing is the walk through the wilderness, took four days but wait until you come across a large herd of elephant on foot then you start realising your place in the world and your beginnings.

We rented a four by four and drove through Zululand exploring. It was one of the best holidays I've ever had. The wetland at St Lucia and the beaches, wow. Prawns as big as your forearm just a lamp and a tiny net. We drove very slowly at night along the beaches at Cape ST Vidal saw turtles laying eggs, magic magic just the moonlight nothing to startle or worry them.

Hluhluwe is the flagship of Rhino conservation, if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be as many Rhino in the wilds today. They brought the white from the brink of extinction and now it looks like the blackie is in trouble.

Anyway to bring this back to the thread, can there be a better place for NY Christmas? If there are any gods these are the places where they are.

I had this crazy idea of taking some kids from HK on a trip, you know kids in care. Im working on it because I think this would be a champion way to show them how wonderful the world really is, really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    I had this crazy idea of taking some kids from HK on a trip.......
    Yes Hluhluwe has some of me still there thats for sure and forever. Imagine their eyes as big as saucer. Cute man.

Koen drop us a line we can have some beers I might be able to help on that project.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4