Like Tree8Likes

FDH - how much times does it take to get one?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lets say, I see a PH FDH looking for a job in the classifieds here - how long time would it take till the actually can start work?

And what's the procedure roughly?

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/forms/id-e-969.html

Timing depends on why the DH has left her current position.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/forms/id-e-969.html

Timing depends on why the DH has left her current position.
    There are 3 options I guess:

1. Finished contract
    2. Got terminated
    3. Resigned

What would the time frame be? I understand they MUST go back to PH, right?

If you pay extra, they might be able to fedex one straight from the Philipines ...

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    There are 3 options I guess:

1. Finished contract
    2. Got terminated
    3. Resigned

What would the time frame be? I understand they MUST go back to PH, right?
    They don't need to get back to the Philippines before they start working for you. If you and your helper agree on it, write a letter to the Immigration Department stating why you want her to stay and hand it in together with the paper work. She must go back to the Philippines within the first year of the contract though.
    flameproof likes this.

1 week for Philippines Consulate to chop the contract, aprox 4 weeks for HK Immigration to approve the contract. Your looking at around a month before Helper can start work.

flameproof and Titus like this.

@elle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    1 week for Philippines Consulate to chop the contract, aprox 4 weeks for HK Immigration to approve the contract. Your looking at around a month before Helper can start work.
    Means in that 1 month she can't work for me legally - so in fact it would be a good time to return to PH rather then idling around in HK. I guess I have to pay that trip. Right?

The previous employer should pay for her flight home. You should pay for her flight back to hk when the visa is granted.

In any case she has to leave hk within 14 days of her previous contract ending. Many only go as far as Macau between contracts.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 14-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Means in that 1 month she can't work for me legally - so in fact it would be a good time to return to PH rather then idling around in HK. I guess I have to pay that trip. Right?
    Flameproof, once you have finished interviewing the helper and agree to hire her, If she is a finished contract helper then she can do the leg work and save you some$$$$, if the contract was terminated by either the helper or employee then you have to use an agency, be careful and dont get tricked by the helper or agencies and pay lots of money like Guns did, poor bugger You pay 5-6K if the agency finds the helper for you. Some helpers get a cut if they recommend an agency and they charge you a lot but all they do is the paper work.

If you find the helper yourself and just use the agency to do the paperwork then it should only cost around 2K, I used Helper-In in Wan Chai,

$1880 - Paperwork
    $550 - Medical Test (Dont have to do it if you dont want to)

I also bought the helper insurance from them once the helper started, after looking at other insurance from other banks etc, seemed their one was the best priced with many things covered. $1380 for 2 years.

If the helper doesnt want to go back to Philippines then they usually head to Macau, lots of helper boarding houses over there, helper in one was around 30-40 per day (incl 3 meals).

Once the visa is approved, you need to pay for their AirTicket to HK and POV (PH govt document around HK$100), if returning from Macau then only the boat ticket and transport fee to your house. If your generous then you can pay for their boarding house fee also
    flameproof likes this.

I would allow 4-6 weeks for a normal application.

flameproof likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast