Chinese New Year gifts

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chinese New Year gifts

Is it customary for folks like us who are living in apartment buildings to give Chinese New Year gifts to the staff? If so, what type of gift would be appropriate? Thanks very much.

If you have money to give away then a "lai see" should be sufficient Personally, since my arms get shorter and my pockets get deeper I don't give anything.

>> I don't give anything.

Not a good thing to do in my opinion.

$20 lai see packets really should be given to the security guard / management staff as a basic sign of courtsey.

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire

Sam Pan

So what will you do at Cyberport, where the number of security staff seems infinite?

Usually you'll give to the ppl you are more familiar with since they are the ones who serve/help you.

>> what will you do at Cyberport, where the number of security staff seems infinite

Give them pre-IPO stock options.

Red Envelopes

As newbies in HK, we are finding out what a "biggie" Chinese New Year is for HK, my question is, since my son is currently in a playgroup, do I need to give red envelope to his "teachers" as well? Thanks for the advise.

HK,

No I don't think you need to give your son's teachers.

I think Lei Sees are given to those whose serves you directly and children of your friends. In case of HKfornow, it's more appropriate to give Lei Sees to your son's friends, not teachers.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast