• 1 Post By nassaugirl
  • 1 Post By jimbo
  • 1 Post By HKHK154

China Travel Services

Closed Thread

China Travel Services

Question about ctshk.com

Need to get a visa for China.

Would love to avoid going down to Wan Chai and was thinking of using CTS. Can anyone tell me roughly their fee for processing? Not a rush-standard 4 days.
    On their site, the locations are divided into 2 categories:
    Travel Service Office and Entry permit office.
    I'm assuming the latter.

Thanks in advance.

I believe "Entry Permit" refers to the "Home Return Permit" for Chinese citizens of HK, Taiwan & Macau. You need the general Travel Service Offices.

As to cost I'm not sure, but surely more than going to the Chinese "Consulate" which is also in Wanchai.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 07-11-2013 at 10:56 PM.

CTS will try and get you the lowest possible visa citing some bullshit law change.
    I used them a few years ago and was eligible for one year multi entry, they said the law changed and I could only have 6 months. Unfortunately I believed them and got a six month.

It's not in there Interests to give you a multi year one when they'll make more money if you renew more frequently.

climber07 likes this.

If you are American (the flag?), then the cost will be US$140 plus whatever service charges. CTS can probably only get you a double entry at most.

Other agents include: http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/ and http://www.jta.biz/chinavisa/china_visa.htm and http://www.chinavisa.com.hk/

I recommend just biting the bullet and going to the consulate or whatever directly. When I did it it was only around an 45mins or so, probably less.

climber07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    CTS will try and get you the lowest possible visa citing some bullshit law change.
    I used them a few years ago and was eligible for one year multi entry, they said the law changed and I could only have 6 months. Unfortunately I believed them and got a six month.

It's not in there Interests to give you a multi year one when they'll make more money if you renew more frequently.
    I just got a 1 year through CTS. I just put enough "upcoming" trips to make it just past the 7 month mark (in the future)...did the job.
    INXS likes this.

I have had no problem getting 3 year china visas twice at CTS.

I did have a 1 year visa in my passport previously when I got the first one, and for the second one I also gave them my old passport with the previous 3 year visa in. It was very pain free, didn't take much time and I would much rather it than going to the consulate.

If it makes any difference I went to the CTS in Sheung Wan