Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Typhoon Haiyan in Philippines

Ain't over til the fat lady sings...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...he-philippines

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:

Judging from the forecast track, it won't really affect us.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

BAD fucking news that!

Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:
    Judging from the forecast track, it won't really affect us.
    Perhaps not you. I'm supposed to be going to manila for meetings Monday. Last time one of these big ones hit, the city got flooded and business shut down for 3 days. Plus heaps of people always die when Phils get a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Perhaps not you. I'm supposed to be going to manila for meetings Monday. Last time one of these big ones hit, the city got flooded and business shut down for 3 days. Plus heaps of people always die when Phils get a bad one.
    Hmm...you seem to pick the wrong time to go to Manila don't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Of course not me, and Hong Kong. I think you, and everyone knows, when I said "us" I mean everyone in Hong Kong.

Nobody knows you are going for a business trip there on Monday. So your tone is absolutely uncalled for.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:
    So your tone is absolutely uncalled for.
    Errrm, it's a forum, the tone is all in your mind. And the way it was written was not rude as I read it. Just matter of fact. People need to be less sensitive round here!

The point is, this is a serious typhoon predicted to be very close to a direct hit on Manila, that is big news for a lot of expats. Those that take holidays around Asia at this time of year as the humidity drops, those that work around Asia and FDHs - who are expats too!

Errrm, it's a forum, the tone is all in your mind. And the way it was written was not rude as I read it. Just matter of fact. People need to be less sensitive round here!

The point is, this is a serious typhoon predicted to be very close to a direct hit on Manila, that is big news for a lot of expats. Those that take holidays around Asia at this time of year as the humidity drops, those that work around Asia and FDHs - who are expats too!
    The humidity and temperature has certainly dropped in HK (thankfully), as it should, for this time of the year. However, that's not the case further south in the tropics. Late season typhoons usually don't venture to HK (although there are exceptions), but that's not the case for the Philippines. In fact, late season typhoons, while usually at more southern latitudes, are usually the strongest (when the chance of super typhoons are most likely- like this Super Typhoon Haiyan).

Another big typhoon! So late! Super Typhoon HAIYAN

Maximum wind speed so far - 240kmh...that will ruffle your hair TB!

My thoughts are with friends in the Philippines...this is a monster.

Lucky if we avoid this, another big one.

May be serious damage for Philippine s, unfortunately... they get so many.
    Sent from my HTC One X using GeoClicks Mobile

Last edited by croash; 07-11-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast