INXS I have shown you the respect of going through all your comments again to see if I can find anything in there:
(I would also suggest you go through the first 10 pages to see how mature your comments are)
> We don't know the value of the humanitarian aid
- USD 100,000
> I don't know the cash reserves China has
- considerably more than most countries
> Maybe China aren't confident that cash would be used appropriately
- Perhaps, but this does not seem to have put off any other country
> Perhaps they plan to give more later
- Sincerely hope so and if they do I will give them the credit for it (assuming it is not another 100k). If this is the case then this has been a political and PR disaster of their own making.
> "Even my helper says the young men are too busy nicking TVs to get food and water"
- a disgraceful comment which shows no understanding of the real situation
> Corruption is endemic in the Philippines.
- Very true, but it is arguably less corrupt than it was when they gave a million before. Certainly no more corrupt. It also did not stop them giving aid in the millions to Pakistan, perhaps one the most corrupt places on earth.
> " None of us have all the facts"
- True, we all live within bounded rationality. Unfortunately for China the worldwide response to their donation appears to be that people feel they have sufficient salient facts. You are using this argument now, which could be used for any topic, but I notice you do not apply the same rule in other threads.
> "The difference is that I'm not inventing a story..."
- No you make rational well thought out suggestions, everyone else makes tiresome conjectures. I think any sane person would consider the two to be the same thing.
> " when you try and debate with intellectual lightweights..."
- No comment needed given some of your comments on this thread
> "You are letting your ... biased view regarding China..."
- Completely untrue, please give evidence
> "In this case I'm right"; "I don't think I am [wrong]. I could be..."; "You and the others are simply wrong"
- please make your mind up, are you definitely right or possibly wrong?
> The two countries are involved in a territorial dispute / relations are bad
- As they are, in spades, with Japan yet they donated millions there
> Philippines might reject the offer
- ???? Then the Philippines would look really stupid
Let me know if I have missed anything out. Let me know if you would like to challenge any of these arguments.