Like Tree19Likes

My Head Hurts..... MTR Construction noise in Wong Chuk Hang

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I was driving around Kowloon Prince Edward Mong Kok etc and I noticed that almost every block there is renovation of entire residential buildings going on. Covered in bamboo and fabric. Plus almost every block their are road works starting.

Must be a sudden construction drive for some reason...or is this the same every winter and I just haven't been noticing?

>> Is there a different time they can do noisy work?

They can work on weekends and after hours. There will be an additional overtime cost incurred, but I've seen plenty of work being done around Wong Chuk Hang over weekends to believe that this is a part of their project plan.

I don't think quieter equipment can be deployed.

@Shri since this morning the drilling sounds are being heard across the bay in Ap Lei Chau as well.. its been non-stop for two hours now.. baaah

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Is there a different time they can do noisy work?

They can work on weekends and after hours. There will be an additional overtime cost incurred, but I've seen plenty of work being done around Wong Chuk Hang over weekends to believe that this is a part of their project plan.

I don't think quieter equipment can be deployed.
    Maybe not part of their official project plan, but probably part of their 'we tendered cheap, we can't afford the contract time over-run penalties' plan.

preludefan

^kinda shitty having overrun project penalties...it takes as long as it takes...but on the other hand in Auckland, the motorway project compketion dates change up a year every month! the part displaying the year of completion is always clean and the rest is dust! I'd rather deal with a few months of noise than years of frustration!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5