Stain Expert

Closed Thread

Stain Expert

Hey guys, looking for a stain expert (dry cleaner / laundry) who can get a red wine stain out of a white shirt. This shouldn't be unusual for someone who knows what they're doing, but my usual dry cleaner / pound wash person couldn't help me. Any recommendations? Preferably in or near Central. Happy to pay top dollar -- as long as they can deliver.

Thanks!

Have you already washed it? I used H2O2 once and it worked great...

Wow 160 bucks a shirt!

Last edited by Dankleness; 15-11-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: saw jeeves website yikes

Forgot .. Goodwins is also very reputable.

http://www.goodwinsoflondon.com/home.php

Thanks, will check these out.

I took the shirt to my usual dry cleaner and flagged the stain, but it came back with most of it still there. I'd rather leave it to the experts, as laundry and stains have never been my forte (and I don't have a washing machine either).

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Think about keeping some of this handy.

You might like to try dousing the stain in white wine and putting bicarb of soda on top. Leave for a few hours and wash.

I had a red wine stain on a sofa cushion cover and this removed it without affecting the colour. White wine breaks down the tannins in red wine.

For future reference, if you put salt on a fresh red wine stain the sodium and chloride ions prevent the tannins from being absorbed by the fabric fibres.

Always remember when I was working in a posh bar in Melbourne in the mid 80's, there was an old lady used to come in nearly every day. She was the handy home hints columnist with the Aussie magazine Woman's Day.

Her agent was with her one day and tipped over a glass of red wine onto the white table cloth. the old duck immediately emptied out the contents of the salt shaker onto the wine. then insisted on taking the tablecloth through to the kitchen and rinsing it in water ( no soap). Result was a perfectly white table cloth.