Like Tree12Likes

sensitive subject regarding new helper

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sensitive subject regarding new helper

we in the final stages of hirin helper - forms off to immigration etc - but one thing has jus hit me... she's had to come back a few times due to forms etc ( wow they are a picky she's been back twice!! )

not sure how i didnt notice.. ( prolly half asleep due to twin decimation of sleepin hours ) but she's wearing quite heavy perfume each time...

to be honest I never liked strong perfume on anyone... but I just picked my kid up an I didnt get that new baby smell.. I got $100 from Sasa instead...

how can I improve this situation before my nasal passages give up!

Be direct and say "please dont wear perfume in the house, I'm very sensetive"

kimwy66 and scrambler like this.

She's probably just thinking it is the right thing to do. How many western women have you gotten in a lift with and wanted to gag at the cloying smell of her expensive perfume? People imitate what they see and smell.

Anyway, just ask her not to in the nicest possible way. I'm sure the babies would appreciate not smelling it also.

Awww thinking of little baby smell now, so nice - when they haven't pooped that is

scrambler and Char Siu King like this.

have you ever wondered what if the perfume is better than no perfume?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Be direct and say "please dont wear perfume in the house, I'm very sensetive"
    Say your allergic to it. Make gagging sounds.

Buy her a nice pleasant smelling soap or you might end up with a DH that doesn't smell too hot either way.
    scrambler likes this.

Tell her straight that she is not to wear perfume while on the job, you are the employer and she will be your employee, you set the rules, nothing sensitive about it.

Oh by the way, dont expect the Helper to magically meet all your requirements of job duties, it will take lots of training and enforcing. My mrs bitches and moans that our helper is not doing it the way she wants blah blah blah or she keeps forgetting to turn of the exhaust fan blah blah blah, minor things pissing off a moaning pregnant women is driving me crazy LOL

Last edited by wtbhotia; 18-11-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    scrambler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    minor things pissing off a moaning pregnant women is driving me crazy LOL
    Wait till the DH burns a hole through your best shirt.....

Little tip if you do take em to the laundry, nothing can do it like the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Tell her straight that she is not to wear perfume while on the job, you are the employer and she will be your employee, you set the rules, nothing sensitive about it.

Oh by the way, dont expect the Helper to magically meet all your requirements of job duties, it will take lots of training and enforcing. My mrs bitches and moans that our helper is not doing it the way she wants blah blah blah or she keeps forgetting to turn of the exhaust fan blah blah blah, minor things pissing off a moaning pregnant women is driving me crazy LOL

good job your missus sooooo doesnt read this forum!
    wtbhotia likes this.

A Filipino FDH here,good if you disclose to her your concern.
    This is maybe a sort of (misconception-for us(helper)...
    We ought to use fragrance often,because honestly,we dont want our employers smell us like...( e.g.bad odor-though confident we arent ) specially if we take care kids.
    :-)

bak875 and Char Siu King like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast