What's the ultimate place to sell my junk ?

Closed Thread

What's the ultimate place to sell my junk ?

Trying to get rid of most of my worldly possessions,
    I meditate about the best place for selling
    ole cell phones such as V600, Nokia E series, digital camera, CFA calculator and that kind of stuff.

SS Po?
    CK Mansion ?
    WW house 3rd floor ?
    The phone sharks in cell phone hell bldg at Mongkok?

I see a lot of gullible buyers on various FB groups. As a seller, I'd try there

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Trying to get rid of most of my worldly possessions,
    I meditate about the best place for selling
    ole cell phones such as V600, Nokia E series, digital camera, CFA calculator and that kind of stuff.

SS Po?
    CK Mansion ?
    WW house 3rd floor ?
    The phone sharks in cell phone hell bldg at Mongkok?
    the simplest way is a mentioned above, expect price given to cover your return mtr ( and probably the next day fare)

better way, the other expat classified, you will get a better rate, probably cover a weeks mtr fare, also free, but you have to patient and may resort to repeat ads, and sell at a relative cheap price

best way ( if you can read Chinese), yahoo auction, cost HK$1 an ad, if there is interest, get the best price, no hassle of mailing, meet a mutual place, trade, you could be surprised by the value

ebay is only worth it if valuable and collectible, but mailing with registering and fees are high ( note, ebay is for western countries, no one in hk use it for local sales)

Thanks, guys.
    So all the places in town seem to be no good.

Perhaps I try yahoo auctions.

Aint no fb

Have you tried the Geo Classifieds section? I have sold a number of things on there in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    Have you tried the Geo Classifieds section? I have sold a number of things on there in the past.
    I normally list on this site and the other site. I would say its been about a 75 / 25 split in favour of the other site in terms of success rate.

Saying that I have bought from this site quite a few times (and also on the other site as well, probably closer to a 50/50 split).

There are lots of shops on Lok Ku street in Sheung Wan that sell this kind of junk. Not sure how much they would buy it for (if anything?).

Check out a FB group called swap-it-hk!