Any personal concierge services in HK??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any personal concierge services in HK??

I am a new expat from New Zealand and it's the first time our family living in HK. It's really a mess to start a new life here. i don't know where to buy furniture, booking tickets, go shopping, finding a language tutor......... I really need someone to assist me and give me advice whenever I encounter any kinds of problems. Does anyone knows any good concierge services here? I'm not sure people in HK use that services, but if anyone knows any company provides such services, plz tell me.

Appreciate any kind of comments. Thanks.

Not sure about the concierge service, but am sure you will get plenty of good advice on here for any specific information you need.

Start with using the search facility here ( left hand column of the page ). Also on the page menu bar find FEATURES , then FAQ.

Also on the page menu bar is DIRECTORY and CLASSIFIEDS.

Should all that not answer your needs then just post a question and someone will show you the way.

GeoExpat - your personal concierge services in HK

I never heard of concierge service in HK, but don't take my word for it.

I think what you need is a local or a friend to help you settle down.

Buy furniture
    Really depends on where you live. You can try IKEA (IKEA Hong Kong - Main Page), B&Q (Kowloon bay Mega box)

Booking tickets
    Again, depends on what type of show you are looking for, ex. HK culture centre

Go shopping
    Now now now, come on, how long have you been here? Go to Central, Causeway Bay, TST, Mongkok etc

Finding a language tutor
    What language are you looking for? Try geoexpat.com

For the more lifestyle oriented issues Quintessentially might be an option.

Gold/platinum/black credit cards often also have some sort of (usually rather limited) concierge service.

Last edited by beachball; 16-06-2008 at 10:14 AM.

There are a few concierge services, but mostly geared towards finding tickets, services etc, usually at a premium.

First step is usually your company's HR departments (if there is one) who should be able to provide you with some basic orientation.

Also, depending on who relocated you, your relocations company might also offer some basic orientation services.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The personal concierge service in Hong Kong swings to the luxury side, such as with Visa or Amex Platinum cards. Quintessentially is a private members' club with a 24-hour global concierge service. But cheap it isn't.

These are fine if you want a helicopter at short notice. For slightly more down-to-earth services, this place is listed on the dark~side (sorry). Don't know anyone who uses it though.

Easy Work Week

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 16-06-2008 at 10:28 AM.

There are also lots of books - can be found in Dymmocks - that are like re-location directories. They list all schools, doctors, dentists, clubs etc etc and give info about octopus cards and transport etc etc. I bought one as a present for a husband's new colleague who moved here. It can be quite helpful. The At Home course the YWCA do is great for giving infomation to help you settle in and find your way around things.... Or as everyone suggested - just post questions on here. It was and still in invaluable as a source of where to / how to infomation

I really appreciate everyone's replies.

Actually it's my first time to use Geoexpat and I didn't expect so many responses in such a short time. I will keep posting questions in forum as this is a fantastic way for people to get help and connect.

I don't think Quintessentially is suitable for me, becoz I dun really need a helicopter at a short notice, even though it's a nice idea.

KnowItAll suggested using a relocating company. Can anyone recommend a good one and I am also wondering what kind of services they provide. I hope they really can help with the trivial things in my hectic life.

Thanks for Jane's suggestions, I will swing by the bookstore and look for the book and I think it would be very helpful. Jane, any good ones to recommend at Dymmocks?

I noticed Claire mentioned Easy Work Week (what does "dark~side" mean?? so confusing). I browsed through their website and I might just check em out. Anyone used those guys before? Will share more once I get more info.

Cheers!!!

as some posts have already indicated, Geo can help you a lot. but if you really want professional service, i think HK Mag or The List had a feauture on concierge services before. anyway, found these

Welcome to Ten Lifestyle Management

QUINTESSENTIALLY

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast