Does ANYONE have a good contact in HSBC who gets things done?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I get a message saying I do not have sufficient transfer limit and a link to a form to fill in.

So fill the form in and mail it to HSBC. Why is that so hard?

Because I already did it once, and then they decided because i had not done a transfer in 6 months it expired. That's my beef. Filling in the form the first time was a pain, having to do it repeatedly when I travel extensively and am not always available to go into branches/mail stuff in HK etc is stupid.

I'm missing something here. Why do you need to go into a branch?

I don't - as noted above I can also mail it, but even that is not convenient when out of the country! And it takes 3 days to become effective, so I want something that is there, ready for when needed, not something that expires without warning and then cannot be reinstated for days! As my OP noted I was actually in Australia when I was trying to do this first transfer (from HSBC HK to HSBC NZ in my own name, for god's sake, not even to a third party!) so if I had mailed the form and then waited it would have been over a week (more like two knowing Aussie mail).

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Well I think I just about managed to transfer my deposit for the junk trip to scotchdrinker ...all of 200HKD I just yelled alot at the guy on the phone and asked for his manager and in the end they said they would do it as a "special case" so I hope it turns up! Have finally given in and filled in the form again so I hope it lasts longer than 6 mths this time.....
    In response to the person who put the negative feedback ""Yelling a lot" can help?!" on this post of mine, well, yes, actually it can. Try it sometime! I have tried being patient and objective here in HK but get absolutely nowhere. Getting angry appears to be much more effective as a last resort. Crying may work, but probably not over the phone.

Need a private banker

I'd love a couple of contacts who can get things done and actually explain the rules to me.

I've gotten pretty frustrated with the run-around I have received at different banks. It seems like many of the ancillary people who approach you when you enter a branch don't know much. So, I have gotten what documentation they requested together and come back and still don't have everything b/c someone else wants another form.

If you meet the criteria, I would sign up for an offshore premier account (at the Queens Road main office, with totally english speaking staff) then get THEM to open you a local premier account for day to day transactions. But you need at least 1m HKD to qualify. So far (touch wood) I have found the offshore people to be heaps better than the locals.

>> I'd love a couple of contacts who can get things done and
    >> actually explain the rules to me.

If you're really pissed off ... try sending a registered letter to the chairman. Works wonders when it gets forwarded down the food chain "From the Chairman's office" ....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4