Package delay- stopped at customs?

Closed Thread

Package delay- stopped at customs?

My parents express shipped us a package (shoes, toiletries) from the US about 3 weeks ago. No sign of the package yet and my dear father tossed the receipt & tracking number.

Could it be in customs limbo? Rerouted to a nearby post office? Any suggestions on how I can track this package from Hong Kong?

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

"Stopped at customs" only seems to take a few hours.

Could well be stuck in the US - some items are not permitted to be exported, and that list keeps growing.

Without a tracking number, you wait. And wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    "Stopped at customs" only seems to take a few hours.

Could well be stuck in the US - some items are not permitted to be exported, and that list keeps growing.

Without a tracking number, you wait. And wait.
    I had a largish parcel sent through USPS take 4 weeks in November. It seems any parcel above packet size does take a bit longer despite the service being the same.

Even with a tracking number, it is only tracked within the US, once it leaves there are no more tacking points recorded. My parcel above took 3 days to leave the US. God only knows where it was for the remaining 3 & 1/2 weeks.
    Last edited by kimwy66; 05-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I always reckon on a month for packages sent via USPS. Recently had a small package from the UK that took 6 weeks, but it got here in the end.

Ok- guess we'll just wait and see then.