Like Tree25Likes

Taxi fares increase

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Taxi fares increase

In case you haven't already done so, print out or download the new fare charts here.

Taxi Fare Adjustments 2013

Urban Taxi Fares

Note for newcomers to Hong Kong: It can take several weeks/months for the meters to be updated. The drivers will have charts but this is so you have a copy for your personal reference.

East_coast, ghkg, wtbhotia and 1 others like this.

Didn't realize this came into effect yesterday til the driver pulled out his sheet. Had to double check to be sure!

Huge problem on the south Lantau blue taxis. Of course they deserve yes increase, but we seriously need more taxis. Also , people who only take the blue taxi around TC for the pitiful sake of a couple of dollars savings in fare when there are lines of people who live in south Lantau where the special permit is and NEED those taxis to take them home. On the Mui Wo to Tai O and South Lantau forums, there are a LOT of peeved off residents regarding lack of taxis but higher fares. And no, not everyone has a car or motorbike on these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Didn't realize this came into effect yesterday til the driver pulled out his sheet. Had to double check to be sure!
    I only heard about this today, and I'm not even in HK at the moment. You can only pay in cash, so what happened if the passenger does not know about the fare increase and does not have sufficient amount of cash??????

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I only heard about this today, and I'm not even in HK at the moment. You can only pay in cash, so what happened if the passenger does not know about the fare increase and does not have sufficient amount of cash??????
    They watch the meter and walk the last few meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    there are lines of people who live in south Lantau where the special permit is and NEED those taxis to take them home.
    Because the buses are full?

Original Post Deleted
    Lol was wondering the same...

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

So taxi-licenses can go up another million HKD now?

East_coast and watchthethrone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    So taxi-licenses can go up another million HKD now?
    Yes -

Fares and the mileage traveled by taxis keeps on going up yet they don't print more licences

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Because the buses are full?
    Yes! There have been resident complaints since I don't know exactly when but the issue still keeps coming up. The buses ARE always full during peak, weekends, and late evenings! Coming back from Tai O between the hours of 2:30pm and 7 pm is a nightmare because the buses are always full and not as frequent.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast