15000 HKD rent?

Closed Thread

15000 HKD rent?

Hi all,

Would it be reasonable to expect to rent a clean, modern apt in central HK/HK island for around 15k? Gotta be better than Tokyo......

Yes, but size will vary depending on how convenient you want the location, from approx 350sq ft up.

Sure, no problem. A 2-bedroom, 650 sq ft apartment in a new building with pool/gym in Quarry Bay, for example. Many options depending on location, size etc.

Thanks for the replies, kids. Most helpful for a HK rookie, I now have faith that I wont have to endure a massive commute each day. Anyone got the scoop on Quarry and Kennedy Bay, ie: shopping, pubs, restaurants and the like? Cheers!
    AT

15K will get you a decent place anywhere on the island. It will be smaller in prime area but in Sheung Wan, Sai Yin Pun and Kennedy Town, you can get a 2 br around 6-700 sq ft easily. You used to easily get a place in a nice building with all amenities in Ap Lei Chau for that price but rent has gone up so I'm not sure anymore.

generally for the same amount of money the quality of flat rented in tokyo is probably better than in hk..