Like Tree7Likes

Frost on our windows

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Please alert the SCMP. They will be there with their cameras 100% guaranteed, they might even pay you if it's only your windows.
    And I was hoping there would be trusting people here

Seriously... I was surprised myself. Hence the post. Wish I had taken pictures now! Love it anyway. I am not a huge winter fan... though I do love cool weather.

Makes it feel more like Christmas now.

I've slipped on frost on tiles here, so I know it can happen!

The minimum temperature today is actually higher than yesterday.

Of course I didn't say anyone can't love the cold....
    Maybe you were just saying it in jest, but it sounds like you were ridiculing someone who has a different opinion on the weather. And given how subjective one feel towards the weather, I think that's a bit uncalled for.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 20-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

The wind chill has no bearing on the temperature of ice formation.

Quote Originally Posted by nike439:
    And I was hoping there would be trusting people here

Seriously... I was surprised myself. Hence the post. Wish I had taken pictures now! Love it anyway. I am not a huge winter fan... though I do love cool weather.
    Not to worry, someone would have accused you of Photoshopping the frost on anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Not to worry, someone would have accused you of Photoshopping the frost on anyway
    It was snowing in Nathan road a few day ago, here is my picture evidence.

Please alert the SCMP. They will be there with their cameras 100% guaranteed, they might even pay you if it's only your windows.
    Only on the account of the icy cold reception mainlander tourists receive from frosty residents when invading our peaceful south Lantau shores.

I personally much prefer the cold over heat. But, it depends on what kind. Damp cold, even if 11 deg above zero can cut to the bone, but dry cold, albeit minus 30 feels less affecting. It is the wind chill factor that really matters. Unless you're a brass monkey. Some people feel cold in 19 deg, I can wear jeans and a t shirt plus like Mac in Zurich 6 deg. But freeze at night in a damp UK flat in 16 deg. It all boils down to the individual and what climate they are used to.
    Last edited by Natfixit; 20-12-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Nippy today indeed!
    Last edited by emx; 30-12-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I've slipped on frost on tiles here, so I know it can happen!
    Same in Queensland, seeing as HK shares very similar weather and climate, I.e. Hot and humid beyond comfort.

Past mornings , even buying the biggest oil heater we could find, our room still measured 15 deg cel in mornings. As much as I like to sleep in that temp, getting showered and changed is another opinion.....