Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gruntfuttock

Normal New Year's Eve

Closed Thread

Normal New Year's Eve

I'm looking for somewhere to go out on Tuesday night for NYE and everywhere seems to be doing some kind of (mostly overpriced) special event.

Does anyone know a nice bar that is open till midnight, not freezing cold and not charging hundreds of dollars to get in?

I know I'm probably a) late and b) dreaming but would be grateful for any help!

Trafalgar in Wanchai?

And probably most of the other normal Wanchai bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Trafalgar in Wanchai?

And probably most of the other normal Wanchai bars.
    Thanks for the tip. I thought Trafalgar but every time I've been in there recently its been freezing and I don't think the wife would be happy with that.

They have heaters on the terrace at the moment, and they did seem to have got their aircon under control the last couple of times I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    They have heaters on the terrace at the moment, and they did seem to have got their aircon under control the last couple of times I was there.
    As it is such a great pub it'll definitely be worth a try.

An alternative, with a decent local pub feel without the tackiness of places like the Queen Vic or OCH, is The Blue Goose. Excellent value hot dogs and burgers there too, and they have Fursty Ferret on draft somewhat cheaper than Trafalgar.

Stu79 likes this.