Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gataloca

Anyone living in Metro City in Po Lam?

Closed Thread

Anyone living in Metro City in Po Lam?

Hi,

We are planning to move to Po Lam metro city. We've been always living on the hk island side, this will be the first time moving to Kowloon. We've visited the area twice and found it is very convenient for daily life- easy grocery shopping, access to big malls, right above MTR station, 30 mins MTR rides to central, cheaper rental than hk island, club house is just standard but have most of the things.

Is there anyone in the forum also living there? How is your life experiences there?

Cheers,
    Ceci

I am local and live next to metro city

Metro city is ok for living but a bit expensive

The area is not bad but I'd also check out Tiu Keng Leng station prior to Po Lam as not all trains go to Po Lam (some go to Lohas Park) and Tiu Keng Leng gives you two lines to choose from.

1 out of 4 trains will go to Lohas Park

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    The area is not bad but I'd also check out Tiu Keng Leng station prior to Po Lam as not all trains go to Po Lam (some go to Lohas Park) and Tiu Keng Leng gives you two lines to choose from.
    It depends on where you want to go. If you want to go to Central, then getting in in Po Lam would be a better option. During peak hour, a train coming from Po Lam would be too full for you to get in. Even the one coming from Lohas Park might be too full, considering that it would first pick all the people from Tseung Kwan O.
    kimwy66 likes this.

The Lohas park thing really isn't that much of an issue. The trains from Po Lam are very frequent, and the wait at north Point for a train after the Lohas Park one has gone is only a couple of minutes in peak time.

And as pointed out, if you get on at Po Lam, you aren't squeezing on behind the doors. Let the seat runners rush on, and you can walk in and get a good spot.

If you live in Tiu Keng Leng, sometimes there is some awful smell from the landfill site