how cold does it get?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think that the cold periord in HK (Jan/Feb and hald of March this year!) is horrible. Simply because you can never warm up, it's cold (relatively) outside, even colder inside (why is the aircon still on?!?) and the electric heaters never seem to warm our apartment.

I miss central heating!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    I think that the cold periord in HK (Jan/Feb and hald of March this year!) is horrible. Simply because you can never warm up, it's cold (relatively) outside, even colder inside (why is the aircon still on?!?) and the electric heaters never seem to warm our apartment.

I miss central heating!!
    Have you tried the oil-filled radiators? I always used them in UK when I lived in a cottage with open fires and no central heating.

(why is the aircon still on?!?)
    Because you can't open the windows so you have to do something to circulate the air.

Quote Originally Posted by leghk:
    Have you tried the oil-filled radiators? I always used them in UK when I lived in a cottage with open fires and no central heating.
    no - maybe a good shout for nxt winter! the electric ones seemed to be as productive as pissing in the sea to warm it up!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Because you can't open the windows so you have to do something to circulate the air.
    the air dosnt need to be 10c though! As for 'air circulation' offices in the UK survive quite well without aircon...i've never heard of the air running out! And the windows are kept closed to keep the heat in!

I miss central heating!!
    Hahaha, my favorite time of the year, I'll take December to March any day over June-September. Clear skies, lower humidity, perfect weather to be outside and do activities. HK is heaven in the winter and hell in the sumer for me.

Never had and never will have a heater in HK. Open windows in winter, closed windows in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Never had and never will have a heater in HK. Open windows in winter, closed windows in summer.
    True, all you need to do is hibernate.....

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Remind me to turn down any invites to visit you in the winter then

As my mum always says, where there's no sense there's no feeling.

no - maybe a good shout for nxt winter! the electric ones seemed to be as productive as pissing in the sea to warm it up!
    We used them this year instead of the electric fires, much much more effective and cheaper too I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3