There's no shopping mall at the station!
Great picture. Struggling to guess when it went taken and where from. Is the current Star Ferry terminal located in the same place as that picture? Or has the clock tower been relocated too? Mid 1970's?
The TST Star Ferry Terminal hasn't moved. The shape of the peninsula has changed a lot though!
So the photographer was in Hullett House maybe? The railway terminus would appear to be the rather ugly Cultural Centre now?
Anyone know what the billboard relates to? Would that be Hennessy Road in Wan Chai? Hennessy liquor?
Also, the harbor looks so big!!
Last edited by closedcasket; 20-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.
1. No more car ferry between Yaumatai and Central. Not only is the ferry gone, Yaumatai's water access is gone too.
2. Stonecutters Island REALLY was an island and you needed a ferry to get there.
3. Shaffis was a part of the British barracks
4. Ralph Pixton and problem solving RTHK radio show
5. There were banknotes smaller then 1Cent
6. And in China we used to pay with FEC
Last edited by flameproof; 20-04-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Interesting to see they couldn't afford a clock for a while!
After they moved Murray House and the Cental Star Ferry terminal I am always wary of assuming anything is in it's original location!
I just learned that Murray House was offically exorcised twice too, if Wikipdia is to be believed.
Correct - and here is a neat picture of the tracks in front of the Penn.The railway terminus would appear to be the rather ugly Cultural Centre now?