Fresh Milk

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote:
    When I was a child, milk was delivered in bottles with a foil top, and it wasn't homogonised.

When I was a child, the birds always knew which coloured foil top meant which milk...
    Hmmm, that takes me back...

... you just don't get a better breakfast than cereal with milk from a bottle with 2 inches of cream on the top

Did anyone else here (Possibly the more aged) use a straw to suck out most of the normal milk first?

I used to really piss my parents off, as i always taxed the top of the milk bottle before anyone else had a chance lol hahah I was always told to shake the bottle first, before pouring milk in the days of local dairy milk delivery, when every house had a milk bread delivery access door. In Australia's case that was up until about the mid 80's, before home delivery of milk and bread lost out to the supermarket chains...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Hmmm, that takes me back...

... you just don't get a better breakfast than cereal with milk from a bottle with 2 inches of cream on the top

Did anyone else here (Possibly the more aged) use a straw to suck out most of the normal milk first?
    I remember morning-break at junior school - we had a small bottle of milk to drink (all children had to!) with a straw through the foil top... creamy bit came last if you didn't shake the bottle!
    Those certainly were the days....

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by N15:
    I remember morning-break at junior school - we had a small bottle of milk to drink (all children had to!) with a straw through the foil top... creamy bit came last if you didn't shake the bottle!
    Those certainly were the days....

It was frozen solid in winter, a whole lot less than 'fresh' in summer and utterly disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    It was frozen solid in winter, a whole lot less than 'fresh' in summer and utterly disgusting.
    But, I would suggest, was one of the factor contributing to us older folk having decent immune systems (Claire's toilet seat troubles notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    It was warm in summer - i HATED it with a passion

I was told by my parents that I drank upwards of 25 litres of milk a week in my adolescence... I don't really remember frankly. Now I've mostly switched to water since HK milk is really not that good but I still consume close to a litre a day...

I love noodle bowls for cereal, the western size bowl just don't cut it for me. A banana, half a dozen strawberries, three different kinds of cereal and 750ml of milk, that's where it's at for me in the morning.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4