Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 2 Post By kimwy66

Religious Intolerance in America

Closed Thread

Religious Intolerance in America

This isn't the only example, just another in a long string of incidents.

This week, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit against a Louisiana school board, alleging that officials at one school routinely harassed and proselytized a sixth-grader because of his Buddhist faith.
    http://news.yahoo.com/aclu-accuses-l...002027531.html

That's terrible! I will go on a hungerstrike till 19:00 , that will teach them a lesson!

Trance Omega likes this.

The school will argue that, maybe lose, and continue doing what they were doing anyway. My eldest daughter's boyfriend is from Shreveport, and he says even if found to be in the wrong all that will happen is the teacher will be told not to do it again officially, and unofficially they will ignore it while she continues. This sort of thing is standard around there and 99% of kids and parents would never consider questioning it.

This is the bible belt of America, most people there grow up believing in Genesis, and think the Theory of Evolution belongs in the fiction section of the library (if it hasn't been burnt already).

Best idea is to build a wall around them and leave them to it, eventually they will start killing each other like all good Christians.

carang and Skyhook like this.

Many years ago I remember reading the results of a survey done in the states of the '100 Greatest Americans of All Time'.

Number one was, obviously, Jesus.

If it were atheists harrassing a christian, it wouldn't even make the news or the court. Land of the double standards.

Another example of why North America is better north of the 49th parallel...

Dude you don't know what is religious intolerance is. I can post some links but it will show some country in bad light so I don't want to do that. Religious minorities are reduced from 15 % to 0.5% in 30 years in country. That is real intolerance where you either kill or kick them out.

I think US is still better place on planet.

Saw a longer version fo this story via reddit this morning

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-throats.html

Original Post Deleted
    No my friend. They claim themselves to be great nation for minorities. I am not here to defend USA, My simple request is not to give opinion based on limited global knowledge. World is much diverse and complex place. Go and see which country people are coming to HK for political asylum more. You will get more answers.