Like Tree26Likes

Lets have more tourists why not

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Lets have more tourists why not

Article in SCMP about 100 million tourists per year by 2023.
    Should we just develop Sheung Shui to cope?

Watercooler and kimwy66 like this.

completely insane indeed, we should have less and more high quality tourists instead

East_coast and Paxbritannia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    completely insane indeed, we should have less and more high quality tourists instead
    I wonder how the screening would work:

- do you have lots of money to spend?
    - do you spit onto bin?
    - can you shoot the contents of your nostrils onto a target that's 1sq ft?
    - where is the best place to let your child do a dump? (tick all that applies) : bin ashtray / mtr carriage / in the middle of a department store

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:

- do you spit onto bin?
    - where is the best place to let your child do a dump? (tick all that applies) : bin ashtray / mtr carriage / in the middle of a department store

reminds me of ali g style ( uk comedian who later became borat, Bruno, etc) on immigration policies, letting all the fit birds in and declining the not so pretty, " fit, in; fit in: minger; declined"
    wtbhotia and lollerwaffle like this.

- do you spit onto bin?

I would add, will all you do is drink and watch rugby, will you insult the locals and act like a yahoo, does the back of your neck get red in the sun.
    Proplus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I would add, will all you do is drink and watch rugby, will you insult the locals and act like a yahoo, does the back of your neck get red in the sun.
    Hmmm, sounds like a mainlander downunder.

Early a.m, I enjoyed a wonderful, civilised cacophony of a walk through North Point wet market , then found myself in an absolute nightmare of a mainlander tsunami in Harbour City, today.

assuming the debt binge in China ends sometime between now and 2023 and mainlanders tire of the same 3 types of shops in HK I can't see how there would be a doubling in tourists, more like a halving (heres hoping)

I went to Mongkok's CNY flower market last night. Last year I went to Victoria Park, and it was a nightmare. In comparison, the Mongkok one was much more relaxed and less crowded. There were a few Mainlanders there, but only the few. I really enjoyed it there last night.

I went to Mongkok's CNY flower market last night. Last year I went to Victoria Park, and it was a nightmare. In comparison, the Mongkok one was much more relaxed and less crowded. There were a few Mainlanders there, but only the few. I really enjoyed it there last night.

My first CNY, I walked through Victoria Park market and I felt that I could hardly breathe. The memory reminds me of la Tomatina 2012. Gasping for air like a death inmate on his last breath. This year, well, this morning early, I was walking through thinking how peaceful it felt and looked before the crowds. Also watching some locals doing some exercise in unison in the park.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast