Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By wtbhotia
  • 2 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By Natfixit

hirin an firin

Closed Thread

hirin an firin

so - thinking we have given our helper a chance - whilst sehe has improved - I dont feel she is the right one...

so want to move onto the searchin for the right one whilst we have time...

say I find the right one - do i

a- hire her first an then when she is approved let the other one go ( she can have 1 month paid leave as far as I am concerned )

b - this one seems a bit risky - on hiring the new on e- terminate the existing immediately? ask her to work thru the month notice

I guess I wondering how immigration will look at situation 'a' - can we tell them we will fire a - worry about the income level we are 'seen' to earn ( i pay myself a low nominal salary from my business - which isnt a true indicator if my earnings - I just set a 'fake' salary to myself to avoid the hassle of accountants etc dealing with immigration etc)

If you're talking to a clued-up agent they can probably advise you better than most of us here on how either would work. A is definitely the lower-risk approach than B for your home situation. A also gives your current helper more time to look for another employer.

Lots of people have two at a time anyway. Don't know about the income part, but can you show assets instead?

Last thing you want is an unhappy helper at home with infant-care responsibilities.

Last edited by jgl; 29-01-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    TankerMan and scrambler like this.

yeh I guess i have house- and savings.

have been tryin to do with out agents so far - they leave me with a bad taste in mouth...

who pays the fees? roughly how much?

even the Philippines consulate is insisting on using agents, my mate asked last week when he went there to hire a maid from the Philippines directly without using an agent, he had all the forms filled out, passport copies etc etc they told him that he has to use an agent, he was well and truly pissed off as it meant he had to fork out 5K.

I would go with plan A, wouldnt want a terminated helper looking after the kids, who knows what they would/could do, I wouldnt take that risk.

Give this agency a call, http://helper-in.com/web/html/contactus.jsp their fees are reasonable.

If you find a finished contract or a contract that the helper terminated herself and who is still in HK, it would be cheaper than the ones recommend by an agency.

You would fork out agency fee around 2K and on top of that $700 POEA fee, $1200 Philippines insurance fee, airticket (one way), HK insurance (1200 aprox 2 years), 400 medical in HK

TankerMan and scrambler like this.

I agree Option A sounds the lesser of two evils. Go with A, OP.

Have you tried speaking to other people or another forum that passes word of mouth, which IMO is more reliable when hiring the right helper? I'm not a mum but know plenty of people who are, so try sassymama.hk. Also, in south Lantau, we have a couple of private forums that cater to our area which are incredibly helpful. I believe you live in Sai Kung? I'm pretty sure there is another forum that people use for banter and recommendations for helpers. All respect to Geo, but sometimes it's better to focus on opinions of those who live in your area, espc if you want to do without the agency hiring. Had a couple here who are friends of mine who hired through and agency, and the helper had no experience let alone let her parents home to work. I was there over Christmas looking after their cats and noticed that she did not know even how to sweep up kitty litter or vacuum....

scrambler likes this.