Lovely Sunny Day!

Lovely Sunny Day!

What a lovely day today! Blue skies, fluffy white clouds, green hills, able to see for miles. It makes you glad to live here!

I walked up Castle Peak this evening after work - WOW what a view. I had no idea you could see Central from there, let alone Macau.

Here's what we are normally missing:

Well I attached some photos but I'm not sure how it works!... The last one shows the view out over Shenzhen with a dark haze on the horizon (Sighs).

Wow. Great pics you have there.

I love Hong Kong, but when I go back to Australia and see horizon-to-horizon blue skies, it always makes me wonder what Hong Kong would be like with perfect weather.

Hong Kong only has this kind of weather for less than 10% of the time. The other day when I was flying back into HKIA, I could see for miles and miles and miles - the lights at night were awesome.

I have a nice view from my apartment over the harbour, but when visibility is less than 3miles, it really makes me question the weather/pollution in Hong Kong.

I don't think it matters to me if its sunny, or not, but atmospheric visibility is definitely something I always took for granted in Australia.

I took these photo's over the last 3 days.

Name:  P1020225.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  914.4 KBName:  P1020192.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  971.4 KB
    Name:  P1020179.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  928.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1293.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  536.3 KB

Wouldn't it be nice if it was as nice as this 90% of the time .

Last edited by Skyhook; 03-07-2008 at 11:06 PM.

I had been here since September last year and never seen visibility like the last few days. Today looks ok too. That's why I just had to climb up Castle Peak (it's near where we live) and see what you are actually supposed to see from the top! Also coming from Australia, I got so used to being able to see for miles that I found it really depressing here for the first few months!
    We climbed Castle Peak a few months ago with the meetup group on what was a "clear" day then relatively speaking - see photo below. What a difference! Makes you realise "clear" is relative in HK!!!

Great photos Skyhook!

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Great photos Skyhook!
    Thanks mate

Weather like this, makes it a compelling enough reason to take the camera along, while enjoying the outdoors.

When it's a smog fest outside, its just embarrassing.

Unhappy

I am sooo envious. Spent the whole day yesterday in a ****hole of a factory in Shenzhen sorting out problems. sob sob