Buddhism in Hong Kong

Buddhism in Hong Kong

Are there any Buddhist temples in Hong Kong with english speaking monks who lead classes and meditations?

What particular tradition are you looking for?

Buddhism

I am not picky. Theravadan or Mahayana, it doesn't matter. Unless there is a lot to choose from. If so, then I would prefer Theravadan.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

i wonder which tradition 'a leading Buddist' follows

People should show more respect to the chief executive to achieve social harmony rather than criticising all the time, a leading Buddhist says.

The Venerable Kok Kwong, chairman of the Hong Kong Buddhist Association, yesterday also praised Tung Chee-hwa for doing a good job and said Hong Kong people should awake from their "muddledness" in the Year of the Rooster.

Sik Kok Kwong hoped Hong Kong would achieve harmony in the new year and that people would respect each other.

"At present, people start criticising whenever something trivial happens, making life difficult for officials.

"There are problems with the way they express themselves," he said. "Mr Tung is actually doing a good job and we need to pay more respect to our leader. Even central government leaders want us to have harmony and stability."

He said the public should learn from the virtues attached to the chicken - such as wisdom - and get over their discontent.

While saying he believed the government had introduced policies which were good for society, Sik Kok Kwong urged officials to "love the public". The monk said people had shown sympathy for the tsunami victims and donated generously, and this sentiment should spread across society.

The Buddhist clergy have long been a pro-government force in Hong Kong. Senior monks also wield considerable influence in Beijing as members of the national legislature and various advisory bodies.

Try Vipassana.

http://www.hk.dhamma.org/