Like Tree80Likes

Bastard taxi driver

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    She doesn't need to, she already speaks English.

http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/aboutu...scsd/1470.html
    Sadly an all too common attitude from HK expats

Original Post Deleted
    Those type of people are all over Hong Kong but I'd hazard a guess that there is a bigger concentration of them in DB...

Sometimes "GREEN" light does not apply to pedestrians to cross the road, unless it was a GREEN MAN. Many times a green light means cars can go straight or make a left turn. Pedestrians have to look for the pedestrian signals. Do what many irate women do, take off your heels and fling them in said direction of cabbie.

yeah, happened to me a couple of days ago in the bus terminal. although i wasn't paying attention at the time. but there is absolutely no reason for the mini bus to go that fast inside the terminal. he stopped within reasonable distance and i just ran across. even before that, i was thinking about how fast they were going in when i was on the bus during rush hour. so many people there and many have no place to line up but on the bus lane sometimes. they still go very fast. frightening to say the least.

Don't forget that taxi drivers always speed up when they see you crossing the road. It must be part of the HK Highway Code or something.

green/redlight really means nothing here

chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1989:
    Yesterday a bastard taxi driver nearly killed me while I was crossing a traffic light which was green.I really wish he could read this but as everyone knows the Chinese are pathetic in English.
    Very useful to post it here. Thanks for a good read.

OP, as a suggestion perhaps you could organise a march from Causeway Bay to Tamar to protest against such bastard behavior?

jennifer1989 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:

Maybe for pedestrians, however cars usually follow the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    I disagree. Green man means you can cross. Flashing green man means the cops can tell you to be "more careful" and the red man means the cops can fine you ($1500!!).

Just because the green man is showing, doesn't mean you just wander across the road without looking. Cars go through red lights, accidents can happen etc etc. It's only commonsense to keep your wits about you. Although I admit that commonsense seems to be a lot less common these days, especially in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast