June 7th Black Rainstorm flooding photos

Closed Thread

Question June 7th Black Rainstorm flooding photos

Hong Kong had its heaviest rainfall in 124 years on June 7th 2008. Does anyone have photos of Happy Valley racecourse infield on that day ? Evidently it was 1 meter under water over the whole area.

[email protected]

racetrack/swimming pool

Here are a few pictures from a friends balcony.

Hong Kong when it decides to flood, it really FLOODS lol.

I would have thought the 1966 floods were more significant than this last one, due to better storm water drainage than what was around in 1966.

I have a photo here somewhere of Happy Valley race course under flood water from another occasion, when I find it, I will pop it up for a bit of a comparison.

Photo below of Ming Yuen Street Wan Chai, during the 1966 floods.

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-07-2008 at 09:32 AM.

FLooding in Central

Thought i'd add a few pix taken with my phone in Central on that day. I decided to try and make it into work ( I didn't realise it could actually flood like this in the city) but changed my mind as the bus ground to a halt at the junction of Des Voeux Road & Pedder Street. The water was already several inches high INSIDE the bus. Noone else seemed to care and just continued sleeping or gazing out of the window. I lost my nerve and bailed out when the bus stopped at the traffic lights! Heh heh!

happy valley swimming pool June 7th

many thanks for the replies and especially Lcuglietta
    evidently the HK football club on the right side later reached to 1 meter high flood water on their stands and
    any other pics of June 7th would be most welcome