Like Tree9Likes

New UKTV service worth a try...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile New UKTV service worth a try...

Guys,

Just found a great new UKTV service. Was handed a flyer on the mid levels escalator and signed up to month's free trial last night. It was perfect for me, no buffering and enjoyed 3 hours of live Olympics from the BBC. I watched on my Ipad and streamed to my TV using apple tv box. Perfect picture and sound. You can also use on a mac or windows machine.

Definitely worth a try...

http://www.hkexpat.tv/

Tried it but was not impressed at all. I would go with the other service. UKTV Hong Kong

At least the owners dont go around spamming every social media site possible.

kimwy66 likes this.

One thing that is of interest is that it is an Android box. I presume you could root it and install other apps as well, which I'm not sure you can do with the other services out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Tried it but was not impressed at all. I would go with the other service. UKTV Hong Kong

At least the owners dont go around spamming every social media site possible.
    Wow....$35 a month for the premium package with all those channels....puts my NOW TV spend of almost $800 to shame. And I can't say there's a lot I'd miss, except some of the US sports channels (or rather hubby would).

When you compare it with the other site which is 51 USD per month and for a lot lot less channels and a much more expensive box.
    I have the UKTV Hong Kong box and its great as you can go back 2 weeks in the guide to watch content. A far superior and ethically better choice.

Fiona in HKG and bibbju like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Wow....$35 a month for the premium package with all those channels....puts my NOW TV spend of almost $800 to shame. And I can't say there's a lot I'd miss, except some of the US sports channels (or rather hubby would).
    That's in USD, not HKD.

is there an american TV service in hong kong?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    That's in USD, not HKD.
    Ooops yes, forgot to put the currency code in....so for like to like, 273 vs my 800+ when converted.

You guys realise its basically a piracy box/provider. The service could disappear anytime.

For generic (non-UK) TV, the best value for money and most number of HD English channels can be had currently with a Maige TV box. HKD$2200 for the set top box from Ap Liu Street in Sham Shui Po. It includes one year of service, after that is RMB499 per year to recharge the box. This is many times cheaper and many more channels than both options above, but doesn't have most of those UK specific channels. Can recharge via paypal (normal Visa/MasterCard) on their website. In total there are now 356 channels and I would guess over 100 English channels. Also Chinese, HK, Korean, Japan, Taiwan channels. It has heaps of TVB Channels including Bein Sport to show the 6 nations that Grunty was having a whinge about on the Setanta thread.
    http://maige.tv/

I'm now cancelling my NowTV because my contract is up this month. I called PCCW on the phone last night to terminate and those bastards said I can't and I have to do it in a store, I asked them to email me a PDF but they can't. I asked them why I cant cancel over the telephone or email since they are a telephone and internet povider they should adopt their own technology but they refuse. I know they are just making it a bit difficult to terminate and I was just playing games with the girl on the other end of the phone. But I still got her name and staff number and if the damn store tells me I have to do it over the phone I am going to launch a verbal attack on them. It should be fun I almost hope they do

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast