Package from the UK to HK

Closed Thread

Question Package from the UK to HK

I am supposed to receive a package from the UK to my home(or delivery office?) in North Point. I checked with Royal Mail and it said that my package had been "passed to overseas postal service for delivery to Hong Kong" on 11/02. The package is meant to be signed for and only contains cufflinks and a tie pin(so should be small).

I'm worried that I've missed the delivery or something. I've received no notification from the post office, and I only have the tracking number for the Royal Mail.

Does anyone know what happens to a package if it isn't signed for? Or how long it would take for it to be delivered? Or just what happens to packages in general? I'm having a hard time finding any useful information.

Edited to add: I live in a building with no security guard or anything, our mailbox is just a slit in the door.

Last edited by sachi216; 20-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Ask your concierge/security if you have one at the development where you live, they may of signed for you

Right, I also should have mentioned I don't have any doorman or anything like that. My mailbox is just a slit in the door.

Usually they hold for 2 weeks then will ship back to sender if there's an address. But your post man should of left you a card with a collection number as without that they might not be able to find it. Maybe it's still being processed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks mobile app