Like Tree6Likes

How to get rid of mold on walls?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Just bought a bottle..... But it says it's not for use on painted walls..........

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    I used it on painted walls (just plain white emulsion) and it was fine.
    Yulia. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Thanks, will look it up and see where the nearest one to me is.
    There is only one and its in Central.
    Their competitor A&M has 2 branches: Central and Saikung

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    I used it on painted walls (just plain white emulsion) and it was fine.
    Me too. Drenched a disgustingly mouldy (painted) bathroom ceiling with it and the mold never returned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    There is only one and its in Central.
    Their competitor A&M has 2 branches: Central and Saikung
    I think you'll find it's Central and Stanley...
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I think you'll find it's Central and Stanley...
    You're right - my bad. Was thinking of expat enclave by the seaside and fingers moved in a different path to brain

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And the A&M in Central has moved!

Gateway remains where it has always been.

This is GUARANTEED. Five years ago I washed down walls, aircons etc. using Tea Tree Oil
    (eucalyptus oil), as it kills the mould spores deep within the plaster on the walls, as opposed
    to short-term, temporary fixes (bleach, disinfectant, Clorax etc.) ..... and mould has NEVER returned.
    See below:

Tea Tree Oil is available in small bottles from Mannings.

Mold Removal with Tea Tree Oil

Ofall the natural mold killing solutions tea tree oil is the most effective.Although it is also expensive, a small amount of tea tree oil goes a long wayin killing mold.

Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is harmless to people and pets. Tea treeoil is antifungal, capable of killing all types of molds. Tea tree oil isantibacterial as well.

You can buy tea tree oil for about $10 for a small bottle from most natural foodstores. Make sure the tea tree oil you buy is derived from the MelaleucaAlternifolia, which is the technical name for tea tree, as not all brandsalways are.

How to Kill Mold with Tea Tree Oil

1. To kill mold usingtea tree oil add water to a spray bottle, keeping in mind how many cups ittakes to fill the bottle.

2. Next add tea tree oilat the ratio of 1 teaspoon per cup of water that went into the spray bottle.

3. Spray the solution onthe moldy surface.

4. There is no need torinse since leaving the tea tree oil on the surface will kill the mold andprevent it from returning.

An alternative to using a spray bottle is to use a rag or cloth with the teatree oil solution to clean away mold:

1. First create asolution of tea tree oil and water in the ratio of 1 teaspoon per cup of water.

2. Use a cloth to applythe solution to the moldy surface and scrub the mold away.

3. Again, you do notneed to rinse the surface afterwards.

Tea tree oil has a strong smell but it will go away after some time. You cankeep and use the solution you have made for a long time afterwards as tea treeoil does not lose its potency quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    And the A&M in Central has moved!

Gateway remains where it has always been.
    Are you sure re Gateway? New address appears to be

131 Des Voeux Road Central, 2/F Unicorn Trade Centre, Hong Kong 10:00am-7:00pm 

and they had a "removal sale" at the old address in Feb....tho this is from my online search, not an actual visit....

http://gatewaystore.tumblr.com/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Last edited by anothercanuck; 05-03-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    Are you sure re Gateway? New address appears to be

131 Des Voeux Road Central, 2/F Unicorn Trade Centre, Hong Kong 10:00am-7:00pm 

and they had a "removal sale" at the old address in Feb....tho this is from my online search, not an actual visit....

http://gatewaystore.tumblr.com/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Thanks for the update. Haven't been since I can't remember when!

I can vouch for the anti-mould paint method. We had a serious problem in a bedroom so I sprayed with diluted bleach then did 2 coats of dulux undercoat and top coat. That was 3 years ago and not a speck since. Other rooms I got the landlord to paint and he used cheap chinese shite paint. Continual mould issues.