You have my sympathies too - I am living in Lohas Park and have noisy neighbours upstairs too. The building quality in these brand new flats is poor as well. Soundproofing seems an alien concept over here.
We have to wait until September/October before we can move. We're thinking of playing the 'we just found out we have to move back to the UK is there any chance you can lets us break our contract early' card but not sure if the land lord will buy it. If not, we're thinking about maybe offering to pay the land lords next agency fee if he lets us go early.
I take it if we give notice that we will be breaking the rent at the agreed time on the contract but move out two months early and not pay for those two months and tell them to use the deposit money instead is a dumb idea? Will it get us black listed anywhere?
I was looking to move to a village house - if i get the top two floors of a village house and don't have the windows open that often do you think i will be able to hear the ground floor neighbours (assuming they don't have music blaring on) or will it just be a lot safer to look for a whole village house somewhere?