Like Tree63Likes

Can Anyone Help With Advise on Noisy Neighbours?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Get a flat directional speaker, so you don't hear the noise, and point it upwards. Play one of these noises through it:

1. Knife on a bottle
    2. Fork on a glass
    3. Chalk on a blackboard
    4. Ruler on a bottle
    5. Nails on a blackboard

Source: Journal of Neuroscience, top 10 most unpleasant sounds

Play it intermittently. Move the speaker to different positions.

not sure these really exist.. ie 100% directional .. also those hi frequency sounds will just bounce off the plaster.. you'd want a low freq to penetrate - but low frequency by definition will be omni directional..

mechanical vibration will travel thru any connected structure with annoying efficiency,,

thats why a coin rolling on the floor will sound loud.. as it is 'amplified' by the whole floor or in my case ceiling..

already sounds like a war zone... watch out where the escalations take u.

Quote Originally Posted by AtoB:
    karen09,

http://unwire.hk/2013/01/01/noise-attack/wireless-home/

Use google translate if you don't read Chinese.

definitely something to consider.
    I literally laughed out loud when I saw that video, I almost cracked a rib hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    What's your budget firstly
    As cheap as possible, I'm from Yorkshire (LOL)

Seriously though, around 13K which is what we are paying here.

Karen where are you living now? I remember you asked about Sai Kung a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Karen where are you living now? I remember you asked about Sai Kung a few months ago.
    Yes we were considering Sai Kung, and would love to live there but it just isn't doable for my hubby. Well... it is, but he is one of these guys that snoozes & snoozes after the alarm then makes a mad rush in shower etc.. to get to work LOL I think if we moved to Sai Kung, he'd forever be late to work. There is also the issue of possible traffic delays from there on a morning. We are living in Tai Wai at the moment. We have lived around this area for the last 4 years, but it's getting ridiculously expensive for apartments here.

What about Clearwater Bay? In and around Mang Kung Uk, you can probably get a floor of a village house for 13k, maybe a little more.

scrambler and karen09 like this.

anywhere around razor hill is better... u dont get hit by sai kung traffic - an only 30 mins in a cab to central... even mang uk can get a bit crappy by the silverstrand round about some days...

karen09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    What about Clearwater Bay? In and around Mang Kung Uk, you can probably get a floor of a village house for 13k, maybe a little more.

I've mentioned that to the hubby :0) I don't think I've been to Clearwater Bay. Is that where you live? If so, what is it like?

CWB is lovely, its home, its quiet, unless your top floor neighbors are insane...

karen09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karen09:
    I've mentioned that to the hubby :0) I don't think I've been to Clearwater Bay. Is that where you live? If so, what is it like?
    I live much further down into Clearwater Bay - near the country park - and it's lovely. Honestly, it's the only way we survive out here in HK (we're from Durham, so HK is another planet to us).

From Mang Kung Uk down to where we live, there's nothing - purely residential - and even with the weekend country park and beach dwellers, it is very serene and quiet. I don't know if you have kids, but it's very expatty and there are lots of western families with kids around, so it's quite sociable too.

Commuting is easy but if you live deep in the villages, you'll need a car. There's never any traffic - even at Silverstrand, at rush hour, you're never waiting more than 30 seconds tops.

If you fancy a look out around this area, I can recommend some good property agents, and could probably show you around a few places myself.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast