Like Tree63Likes

Can Anyone Help With Advise on Noisy Neighbours?

Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South of Sweden
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Old habit. Going back 30-40 years it was a community thing. Everyone had big families (maybe extended staying with them) and small flats, everyone just went on and out of each other place. Neighbourhoods really bonded.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    A lot of open doors in our village. I wondered if it was to allow the cool breeze through seeing as the heat can be stifling, or to catch dinner if it wandered or slithered in....
    iliketurtles and karen09 like this.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Old habit. Going back 30-40 years it was a community thing. Everyone had big families (maybe extended staying with them) and small flats, everyone just went on and out of each other place. Neighbourhoods really bonded.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Still like that in rural China...

  3. #83

    Always puzzles me when people whine about rude, inconsiderate, etc people in these horrid HK villages. What did you expect? It's not exactly the height of civilization in those places is it?


  4. #84

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Always puzzles me when people whine about rude, inconsiderate, etc people in these horrid HK villages. What did you expect? It's not exactly the height of civilization in those places is it?
    probably as some of them are uneducated and never travel far, ie, some are almost - Homo erectus

    you get uneducated rude people where ever u go
    karen09 likes this.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Been in HK since October 08
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Always puzzles me when people whine about rude, inconsiderate, etc people in these horrid HK villages. What did you expect? It's not exactly the height of civilization in those places is it?
    Because they are not all like that. I lived in the same village apartment for 3 years until I had to return to the UK. That village was very quiet but when searching for accommodation on my return, there was nothing in that particular village suitable for rent.

    I think classing them all the same is a little unfair. Not everyone that lives in HK from overseas has the cash to fork out and live in the upper end apartments with swimming pools and maids either.
    imparanoic and iliketurtles like this.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by karen09:
    Because they are not all like that. I lived in the same village apartment for 3 years until I had to return to the UK. That village was very quiet but when searching for accommodation on my return, there was nothing in that particular village suitable for rent.

    I think classing them all the same is a little unfair. Not everyone that lives in HK from overseas has the cash to fork out and live in the upper end apartments with swimming pools and maids either.
    sounds like my village, middle of no where, a lot greenery, quiet apart from insect sounds, mostly oap living as young people mostly moved out to town

Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9