your favorite city?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ahhh Firenze lovely place too... I'd love to retire in Italy...

I was just thinking while I was working out that I forgot San Fran..If only it wasn't in the US!

then...for those who love being outdoor, like beach and mountain (and hills)..how do you find HK?

I thought I was completely a city person (never lived anywhere outside big cities), UNTIL I came to HK. Noise (especially the drilling noise that keeps going for 24/7 around midlevel) and crowd drive me crazy...

I'd love to try San Francisco and Italy someday!!!!

San Francisco is cool, but I liked Portland, OR even better.

Osaka is the best!

I've been in Osaka for many years, but now I'm living in HK. Not many friends here, its boring.
    I recommend you Osaka or Kobe. Is so beautiful place to live.
    Big hugs

I think HK is great for outdoor stuff, I can be on a trail away from the noise within minutes of my flat and I can run for 30-50km up to Shek O depending where I start and then jump in the ocean for a nice refreshing swim... Good sailing, nice biking in the NT and Lantau, a beautiful public golf course, tennis and all of that all year round. Wouldn't get that in London.

The weather sucks in the summer, the pollution is horrible and you wouldn't catch me in CWB near Sogo or in the ladies market on a weekend but all in all, it's not a bad place tp be. But November isn't a bed of roses in Vancouver either, it sucks big time!

Cassis France
    Akaroa near ChCh New Zealand
    Tauranga, Bay of Plenty New Zealand
    Lorne, Victoria Australia
    Byron Bay, NSW Australia
    Victoria, Vancouver Island Canada
    Cape Town South Africa
    Niu Beach, Honolulu Hawaii .

Melbourne.

Great food, great culture, always some sporting event happening, I love the weather (most don't - but I love a decent winter) and friendly locals.

I do like Sydney as well - however I find Sydney to be a bit superficial - all glitz, not much happening.

Outside of Australia I'd happily live in Sapporo or Barcelona - and have a soft spot for Beijing...

My Top City In The World

1. New York - Lived there twice and I could never get enough of it. Its never boring, there is always street parade, good food from around the world, the energy from the city itself, amazing shows and ect..
    (Con- VERY EXPENSIVE)

2. Israel/Jerusalem - It is a AMAZING, SPIRITUAL, PARTY TOWN and so much more. A Lot of people would not associate Jerusalem as a party town. Trust me... When you get to know the locals, they would bring you to the best Jazz clubs (which I never use to appreciate), Hip-Hop clubs and Trance clubs too. The Israeli are ever so friendly and nice!! I have always been a shy girl but within the forth week, I was surrounded by 40 over instance friends. Yes..!!! It is very safe, there are many police around and plain clothes ones too. I Miss and Love Israel...

fm7

Would love the chance to live in Tokyo, Barcelona or Boston. I also have a soft-spot for Paris and Madrid, but I've heard mixed reports from friends who have lived there.

Lived in London for five years and loved it, but the city is dysfunctional in so many ways. Still, I wouldn't say no to the chance to move back. Grew up in Sydney and happy to never go back there again (even for a visit). As for Delhi, well it would be great to visit again in 20 years...

G'day FM7,

I have to agree with you regarding France, it is my favourite country other than my birth country Australia.

We were there again recently, visiting family that live 30 minutes from Paris central.

I hired a car this time, driving from Paris to Giverny, Nancy, Annecy, all the way across the Swiss border to Geneva and back> I mostly used the nationale highway, for the scenery, over the less interesting, but faster, Autoroutes.. Self driving allowed us to see a lot more than whats typical, being able to pull over when something interesting caught our eye along the way.

o.k, here is the first part of my video, I'll add the next parts later once i have had a chance to edit the rest of my raw footage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0YjIxiTCLk]YouTube - France 2008 our trip in brief ( Part 1 )[/ame]

It would be really great, if other Geo members added some video's of trips abroad, of places that really impressed them.

Makes it a bit more fun then.

Last edited by Skyhook; 31-08-2008 at 01:28 PM.