American Club Membership

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

American Club Membership

Hello All...
    Apologize if this is a duplicate posting...

Question for any American Club member - I couldn't seem to find a thread that clearly stated what the membership dues are for the American Club i.e. the one time entrance fee and then monthly dues. Anyone on the Individual Term (3 year) Membership?

Thanks!

you might find the information at the bottom of this page. Try reading the links under "Similar threads" at the bottom of this page.

I did...was not able to find a post that specified the dues, hence created a new thread.

The best thing is to give them a call 2842 7400. Also, a lot of companies have debenture which gets you in a lot quicker. We decided not to join but have a lot of friends that are members and love it. If your company doesn't have a debenture you would have to go on the waiting list to become a member. If you happen to know someone who's either a member or knows someone that's a member they are allowed to nominate someone to become a member. It's an OK club with good networking if that's what you want but the AMC is a little better for children.

It does depend what you want the club for... the location on the South Side is gorgeous and it does have a branch in Central. I think the dues are fairly similar to other clubs and should be between 1-1.5K/month but I don't know the entry fee.

Ladies Recreation Club in Mid Level is quite convenient with nice facilities and the entry fee was only 30K before, it may have gone up lately though. The problem is often waiting lists at many of these clubs.

If you have some sporting abilities, the HK Football Club has many sports memberships allowing you to join right away and at a reduced entry fee but you must commit to representing the club on a team in a sport. It has some of the best overall facilities in HK.

This is from about last year at this time---

Thank you for your enquiries about membership and you will find listed below membership options for your consideration.

1. Full Debenture Membership (transferable) – The last issue of the Club’s Full Debenture priced at HK$1.65 Million was sold out. The next issue of Full Debenture including the pricing and terms and conditions is currently under review and will be available around October this year. One person may be nominated for membership per debenture and the monthly subscription fee is HK$2,200 for full use of facilities at the Town and Country Clubs.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE WAITLISTS ON THE MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES LISTED BELOW.
    If you are interested in placing your name on the membership waitlist, please complete and return the application form together with signature of the Proposer, who must be the Club’s Voting Member of 12 months standing, plus copies of your passport and business card. Please specify the category you wish to apply and let us have your mailing address for the application. Upon receipt of your completed application, we will secure a place on the waitlist for you. You will be informed as soon as a membership becomes available.

2. American Individual Membership (US Citizens only) – The current Entrance Fee is HK$388,000 (non-transferable) A 6-year payment plan is available (HK$60,000 is payable annually for up to five years plus HK$88,000 for the sixth year). Monthly subscription fee HK$2,200. Members are entitled to use all the facilities of the Town and Country Clubs. The 6-year payment plan offers flexibility on the length of membership from one year to six years. You may continue the membership by payment of HK$60,000 per year plus prevailing monthly subscription fees. You may choose to resign your membership anytime during the six years and the membership fees already paid will be forfeited.

3. One Year Term Country Club Weekday Membership (Any nationality) – The current Entrance Fee is HK$18,000 (renewable annually and non transferable) plus monthly subscription fee HK$1,500. Members are entitled to use only the Country Club facilities from Monday to Friday excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

All of the above are family memberships and Club privileges will be extended to the Member including Spouse and Children up to 21 years old.

Meanwhile, please feel free to call me at (852) 2842 7429, if there is anything that I can be of further assistance.
    Best regards
    Mivilia Yau
    Membership Executive
    The American Club Hong Kong
    Welcome to The American Club Hong Kong

Sleuth - exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

You're welcome, just be sure to read the top line because the info is almost exactly one year old now.

Hi

The American club has the most beautiful location.
    I dont know about the other types of membership but the fees for the weekday membership have just doubled(the yearly due doubled and the monthly amount increased ) Spa prices have crept up slightly since Sept. We will not be renewing our membership.
    The American club is popular for the catering than for exercising in the gym, for example and I am told it is very busy at the weekends. During the week it is very quiet (of course this depends what you are used to)
    I have found other clubs members in Hong Kong more relaxed and friendly (eg Cricket Club/LRC ) - that is my own experience. It has its own plus points of course and the setting is beautiful.
    Hope this helps
    LA

For the individual (non-debenture) memberships, is the Entrance Fee refundable once you stop being a member?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast