Like Tree62Likes

My assistant resigned today

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

My assistant resigned today

My assistant's wife who is a mainland Chinese couldn't stand living in HK after studying her Masters in Journalism here from the discrimination she felt and bombarded daily from TV and newspapers calling all mainland Chinese people corrupt savages stealing babies and locusts. Now she's left for Australia and taking her husband with her.

I'm sure some sick people will rejoice that a mainland Chinese person has left Hong Kong but I hope they know they are also dragging young talent out with them as well to Australia that's welcoming them with open arms as professional immigrants. I hope those myopic people are happy when they stand alone as they finally "reclaimed" Hong Kong all to themselves.

INXS and Watercooler like this.

Sorry to hear that but it's not going to be that much better in Australia to be honest.

shri, usehername and auss like this.

yeh but u probably able to cope better in Oz since the expectation is that u will get a bit of shit fromt he Ozzies.. where as from people who are supposedly frm the same country an ethnic background might be more bruising to u?

Titus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    My assistant's wife who is a mainland Chinese couldn't stand living in HK after studying her Masters in Journalism here from the discrimination she felt and bombarded daily from TV and newspapers calling all mainland Chinese people corrupt savages stealing babies and locusts. Now she's left for Australia and taking her husband with her.

I'm sure some sick people will rejoice that a mainland Chinese person has left Hong Kong but I hope they know they are also dragging young talent out with them as well to Australia that's welcoming them with open arms as professional immigrants. I hope those myopic people are happy when they stand alone as they finally "reclaimed" Hong Kong all to themselves.
    Makes me sick to the back teeth too. Many times I have challenged people. "Are you calling my wife a locust?" How many are only one or two generations removed from the mainland themselves? How many have extensive family ties in Guangdong? How many take advantage of their HRPs every other weekend to go shopping or visit the theme-parks, zoos, etc.? (How many have cut up their HRPs in protest?). How many have noticed that the true Hong Kongers, the indigenous people, are actually pro-Beijing.
    Watercooler and Dankleness like this.

Like I said, some HK locals need to look in the mirror. Their reflection does not paint a flattering picture of them. They are honestly not so "civilized" compared to mainlanders. In fact, one could say the ethnic Chinese in Singapore or Taiwan have better manners and are overall more friendly and helpful than Hong Kongers, who are cold, short-tempered and intolerant in comparison. A stereotype? Well maybe some of these locals should learn not to stereotype mainlanders first.

I've been recently told that public opinion is just starting to turn in Sydney too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I've been recently told that public opinion is just starting to turn in Sydney too.
    Well the OP's assistant's wife would be in for a surprise down at Aussie Land then...

It'll still be a lot better than HK.

INXS and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It'll still be a lot better than HK.
    How so exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    How so exactly?
    I can guarantee you that if someone started shouting "locust" at a Chinese guy in Australia they'd run a real risk of being knocked out. Australia is much more tolerant than Hong Kong...I would even say they are very tolerant by world standards. I lived there for many years by the way...Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney...I've also lived and worked in rural Australia.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks
    jgl likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast