View Poll Results: How many is being unsatisfied with HK Parkview Management?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Satisfied with Thumbs up

0 0%
  • Okay

0 0%
  • Not Satisfied

0 0%
  • Fed up with them for long

1 100.00%

Foul Smell in HK Parkview

Closed Thread

Angry Foul Smell in HK Parkview

Anyone who've encounter foul smell coming from their defected sewage syetem? We have been annoyed with this disgusting smell & one expert told us that our house will be germ-filled as well due to the smell. Who can imagine if SARs come to Hong Kong again?

We are particularly mad with the stupidity shown by Parkview Management who's totally unethical & want to cover up their faults... Who's going to be responsible for our health harzards???

HK Parkview is a very nice place to for expats accommodation while working in HK. It's perfect for family with lots of greens & leisure facilities. But to talk about staying healthy. Folks please think twice before choosing HK Parkview!!!

Ahah.... Forgot to mention that they want to cover this up because this is not a single incidence. They are afraid of a big social responsibility...

But they are charging $4/ sq feet for management fee. What a "feak"!!!

Spent a few years in PV before moving 6 months ago, but never had this problem there. Actually, we didn't have any problems with PV.

And, what does a sewage problem have to do with SARS?

Last edited by hello_there; 18-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    And, what does a sewage problem have to do with SARS?
    Badly maintained drainage pipes were thought to have contributed to the spread of the disease at Amoy Gardens.

But of course SARS itself wasn't that dangerous a disease - it was the treatment that killed those who died and who weren't otherwise critical ill anyway (and left dozens more maimed for life). (But that's a topic for a different thread.)

Ask those who lived in Amoy Gardens in 2003 & they'll tell you the list of cupids for SARs - their sewage system being on the top of the list.

Of course not every apartment gets this problem. Otherwise they are obliged to fix the problem. It's the minority that they want to sacrifice... Just insisted that the very problematic pipe is in no way to be assessed by anybody. No maintanence? How could this be? But they just said "NO" and send one junior after another to get you into endless circles - you just explain the whole thing on & on & on to new comers again... On their faces they know they are telling lies but still, they have to, that's their job.

I'm sorry if you are one of the landlords there. But fortunately your apartment is fine. We are living on 1/F so I guess we are more prone to the foul smell.

Please understand that I got no benefit telling all these. Just I can't bear with their poor ethnics - it's not just appearing to be polite! And their ignorance of our health.

So the only reason you have signed up on GeoExpat is to complain about them?

If its that important to you, might I suggest that a better use of your time and money would be to hire a solicitor and put your money where your mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by H&A:
    Ask those who lived in Amoy Gardens in 2003 & they'll tell you the list of cupids for SARs - their sewage system being on the top of the list.

Of course not every apartment gets this problem. Otherwise they are obliged to fix the problem. It's the minority that they want to sacrifice... Just insisted that the very problematic pipe is in no way to be assessed by anybody. No maintanence? How could this be? But they just said "NO" and send one junior after another to get you into endless circles - you just explain the whole thing on & on & on to new comers again... On their faces they know they are telling lies but still, they have to, that's their job.

I'm sorry if you are one of the landlords there. But fortunately your apartment is fine. We are living on 1/F so I guess we are more prone to the foul smell.

Please understand that I got no benefit telling all these. Just I can't bear with their poor ethnics - it's not just appearing to be polite! And their ignorance of our health.

Huh? We had certain pipes replaced in our apartment as part of routine maintenance (the building is over 20 years old) at our expense, not PV managements' expense. Maybe you should clarify with your landlord who's responsibility this particular maintenance is. If it is really PV's problem, have your landlord contact the management company. They will be more responsive to the owner. And, BTW I checked with several other people I know still living at PV and noone has heard about this issue (although they can list several others...). If it is something unique to your apartment I suggest you and your landlord figure out what is causing the problem, then try to allocate the responsibility to fix it.