What to do with unwanted books or magazines?

Closed Thread

What to do with unwanted books or magazines?

I have a good amount of magazines & paperbacks waiting to go to a good cause. Back in the States, it'd be easy enough - just drop them off at a Salvation Army or library and be done with it.

What are my choices here?

I fully expect a pithy reply from the likes of KIA.

The YWCA on Mcdonnell road will gladly accept all of your books and I believe all of the proceeds ($10 a pop) go to external charities

Staff from salvation army collecting used stuff from discoverybay mumbled they are not that interested in books... oh well...
    World Vision HK to the rescue:
    from now till Aug 6 you can drop off ur collections at Jusco department stores across town and the book would be put on sale from now till aug 12th, proceedings would be directed towards helping victims of China earthquake. Details World Vision Hong Kong - Used Book 2008
    hotline 852.23942394

Followup

Well, I was able to pass along the year's worth of BusinessWeek magazines to another forum member.

Also, I signed up for Book Mooch, which encourages sharing of used books in Hong Kong and worldwide. Seems like it is underutilized here, but plenty of interesting books from nearby places like China, Japan and Taiwan. BookMooch: exchange books and trade them, like a book swap or book barter

Thanks for the suggestions.