Friday Rant: Street Spam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Friday Rant: Street Spam

I'm up for a good rant. If you can't handle it and take things too serious, click back on your browser.

Look, I'm fed up with all these folks trying to push cheap printed ads to me when I walk down the street. For a long time, I used to actually grab it just to be nice to them as it's normally old folks doing these dirty jobs, in the hope that they can finish their work earlier.

But, I stopped doing it.. I was sitting at Outback in Lockhart Rd, seeing an old lady digging into the rubbish bins pulling her ads out after some people had thrown it into the bin. She pulled them out, and gave it to the next people walking towards her. Man oh man.. Nice..

Anyway, I'm sick of it. Most of those ads are Chinese even. Does it look like I read Chinese?

Sometimes they freakin' chase you you know, like "Oh I see you, don't think you can walk past me without getting some spam!". I've had enough. I had enough of them rubbing their greasy forarms as I squeeze through a wall of freakin' spam! I started shaking my head to them, now, I just simply ignore them and walk straight forward. If they decide to step into my path of spam destruction, they shall taste my elbow of spam destruction (disclaimer: unless they're old and fragile, then a gentle bump and a growl is enough).

Also the same goes with these freakin' newspapers they give out. Heck, how much paper do we use here in this city just to print newspapers??? Heard of the internet? Some woman close to where I work always give out newspapers. I never take one. I'm going to work, what the f do I need a newspaper for? Why does she keep trying? One day I was pissed off about something at work, so I wasn't in the mood for spam, so I simply walked straight onto her like a bulldozer.

After that, she stopped offering me newspapers.

Is that what it takes?

Discuss.

Someone needs a chill pill... These people are paid to do this and it puts food on their table. They couldn't care less whether you read chinese or arabic, they need to get their paycheck.

Why don't you go and push some beggar in front of a bus while you're at it... They're very annoying too.

Life must be oh so very hard to have your stressful and difficult job... Boo hoo, I feel tears coming!

how is your discussion different to any other spam you had mentioned? Don't create more spam if you want less spam.

Oh come on guys

This is an attempt to make a little daily life almost insignificant issue into a funny grumpy rant on a Friday. Sheeesh. Sorry to step on your toes fellas. Obviously the wrong place for a little fun.

You can take that chill pill yourself. Wait. Take two. Hell, take the whole pack.

Have a good weekend. No need for attacks.

What would you prefer? Spam by post? Spam by email? Spam by old lady?

You need to go and have a midday beer or 4

I like getting the Standard paper, but I never take anything else they're handing out. I find that if I give them a really big wild looking smile they don't come near me... I guess they think my insanity might rub off on them.

I don't mind the pamphlet people. They are harmless and you can set your mind to 'ignore' as you can see them before you get to them. Though yesterday I had to restrain my "punch you in the face" reflex when a guy tried to feed a pamphlet into my crotch

Telemarketers are okay too. Once you say "English?" at them, they say sorry and hang up. This seems to genuinely fluster them.

My husband actually pays one old woman NOT to give him the regular handout. He doesn't want to be bothered with it and it's going to end up in the bin anyway. He gives her $20 at the beginning of each week and she leaves him alone.

OOPS... maybe she's expecting the same from you

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I had to restrain my "punch you in the face" reflex when a guy tried to feed a pamphlet into my crotch
    Stop Bragging.

Hmm...I find a simple "Mm sai mm goi" does the job every time. Sometimes I even get a smile.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast