I see my rock climbing suggestion didn't make the cut. Going off to sulk...
Added rock climbing, money laundering and chimney sweep.
Collated a few responses thanks. Two and a half weeks to go until the end of term.
1. Ocean Park - get there for 10, go to the summit by the train, leave at 12.30 lunch in Causeway Bay.
3. Swimming (stanford swim is under $100)
5. Skateboard parks
6. Rent a bike in Kowloon City, other locations are available
7. Ice skating
8. Kadoorie Farm
9. Wetland Park
10. Various museums
11. Learn to sail, wind surf or kayak through the LSCD Water Sports Training Schemes. Cheap at $30 ish so get your applications in asap. http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/watersport/en/acti_junior.php
12. Fruit picking at places like Tai Tong Lychee valley
14. Junk trips - excellent to cool and and surprisingly affordable in a decent group
15. Improve Mandarin - Find a university student tutor
16. Snowboarding, Racing/ Baseball at http://www.321play.com.hk/
17. indoor trampolining opening soon
18. Shenzhen http://cispa.hk/chinese-fun-resource...zhen-for-kids/
19. Outwardbound for various ages, - YMCA camps, - hiking to streams with swim pools
20. Learn how to code. You can try your hand for free using online tutorial sites or signup with someone like www.kodingkingdom.com
21. HK Electric cookery classes, kids classes in Cantonese only. http://www.hkelectric.com/web/Electr...urses/Index_en
22. Shooting, bowling, swimming, tennis at SCAA in Causeway Bay, whilst dad has a pint at Inside Out
23. Rock climbing
24. Hard graft for cash
25. Chimney sweep
Every Sunday from 2:30pm to 4:30 pm, there is a 'Kung Fu Corner' in Kowloon Park (by the Sculpture Walk of the Park). They have free demonstrations of lion dances and martial arts. I believe there is also the opportunity to join in.
Here are all the Gov't activities that HC suggested. You can sort by district
My suggestions for this thread would be to book sports facilities such as tennis or badminton.
Another one. I have a friend with similarly aged kids and they love geocaching. When my daughter is older we might try it out.
Am I the only person reading this thread thinking "hey I'd like to try that"... while not having kids!