Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By LoughtonLion
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 9 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By bdw

Strange happenings on the green minibus

Strange happenings on the green minibus

Two successive drivers waited until I sat down before pulling away. Is that a record?

Quote Originally Posted by LoughtonLion:
    Two successive drivers waited until I sat down before pulling away. Is that a record?
    I've had this recently too. Perhaps a new directive has gone out?
    Watercooler likes this.

It means you are now considered as 'elderly'.

This is interesting. I have noticed this too recently. Before, the driver would step on the gas and takeoff the moment I "beep" the octopus, not waiting for me to get to the seat (as I hang on for dear life as I grope towards the seat).

I suspect there were too many people complaining about the inconsiderate drivers or possibly a spike in injuries (and associated lawsuits against the minibus companies).

Quote Originally Posted by LoughtonLion:
    Now that you mention it, this has been happening with much higher frequency. Its not just green, its also red.

Wondering if there was a recent accident of sorts causing this new safety measure...

It is getting more common in Green Minibus as those drivers are employee and they earn flat salary. Not so with the red one.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Now that you mention it, this has been happening with much higher frequency. Its not just green, its also red.

Wondering if there was a recent accident of sorts causing this new safety measure...
    That was my thought. I actually noticed it too the other day (I had a lot of bags and it took more than 2 seconds to sit down, and it suddenly became obvious he was waiting and I thought "wtf! that's new!"

It sounds like argumentum ad populum to me (a fallacious statement that is concluded to be true because many people believe it to be so).

I haven't noticed a damn thing. Then again, I probably wouldn't notice if my ass was on fire.

Stu79 likes this.

I blame mainlanders.